What would your favorite themed cruise be?

Wormy53

I would like a cruise where needlework (from cross stitch to crochet and knitting) is the theme. This would include workshops and such. I think it would probably be predominently women who would be interested but there are more men than one may imagine who love needlework as a hobby. Some even make a career of it in designing the patterns. I am booked on a regular cruise in May of this year and I plan to take some kind of needlework with me for quiet times.

Rosemary

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Radio talk show (If some better known talk show hosts could make it). I bet this kind of cruise with Rush Limbaugh would fetch top dollar and would sell out pretty quickly! If not Rush, maybe Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Jason Lewis, some local names, etc.

2. DH expressed interest in a cigar aficionado cruise. Maybe Cigar Dave and his harem could be along for this one!

Lady:

I think that your DH is on to something...I think a cigar cruise would be awsome! Anyone else interested?

• 3 weeks later...

That would be a very neat cruise indeed! It does indeed sound marvelous. You might be interested in aircraft musuem here in Va Beach, VA where the owner of the airport has a huge collection of WW2 aircraft and there is an air show May 16th & 17th. It's called Warbirds over Virginia Beach. Check it out on google.

We went on a World War II Memories cruise, 27 nights San Francisco to Sydney, which visited many WWII South Pacific battle sites. It was 9-00, on the last voyage of Sky Princess as a Princess ship before being transferred to P&O (Aus).

It was a grand trip for history buffs, and there were many WWII vets aboard who were showing their wives/families where they had spent an extremely important part of their youth.

It really was a marvelous trip!

You might be interested to know, that there is a murder mystery cruise leaving from Norfolk in October to the Bahamas! I don't think they will need a paramedic for the dead person;):D. I have already booked my trip and got a very good discount. I've been to the Bahamas last Sept aboard Carnival Sensation and it was my first cruise... it was great! This one coming up in October sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait.

That would be a lot of fun . . . but one of the reasons I go on a cruise is to get away from work (I'm a paramedic). Were there a lot of "war stories" being told?

Christine

Doh! I am a big fan of the Simpsons as well and the idea of a Simpsons Cruise would really fun! I think I know some things about the Simpsons:rolleyes:. I did see the voice actors on "Inside The Actor's Studio" last year and the person who does the voice of Marge(see, I can't even think of her name right now, and I am sure as soon as I finish this reply, I will think of her name...Julie Kavner maybe? She put a mask of Marge when ever she did the voice...it was too strange!). Anyway, good suggestion.

I am a huge Simpsons fan, and I would LOVE to do a Simpsons cruise. It would be a big group of Simpsons fans, some of the Simpsons voices (Yeardley Smith, Dan Castellaneta, etc), special Simpsons events like trivia contests, parties, and episode screenings.

I would love to go on a cruise with them!

I'd love to go on a classic rock cruise, like the one a few year back with Styx, Journey and REO Speedwagon. Unfortunately I couldn't go due to work schedule back then.

I've kept my open for such a cruise now, but have only seen rock cruises with much older, or much newer bands. Something more 70's or 80's oriented would be great fun.

There IS a James Taylor cruise coming up - Cunard QM2 trans-Atlantic crossing on June 19. We'd love to go but don't think it would work out. He's schedule for one or two concerts, a Q&A session and one travel agent is advertising as the official TA and that their clients would get an after concert reception with him in attendance.

I am going on one in October leaving from Norfolk, VA. I can't wait! It leaves October 18th and sails to the Bahamas. I made a reservation early and got a good discount.

I think my hubby and I would enjoy a murder mystery themed cruise. Has anyone else been on one?

• 2 weeks later...

Titanic-era in costume, with orchestras. Bathing suits must be period appropriate! ;)

Or Gay '90's...I'm rather fond of the big hats and mono-bosom.

I second the Dashiell Hammett cruise. Sounds fun.

Actually, I'd go for anything in a period costume, but preferrably 24 hour costume except while in port. It would be nice to recapture that elegance of first-class sea travel in past eras.

Years ago I read about a Central American cruise with on-board lectures about the civilizations and archeological significance of what cruisers would see in port...sounded fascinating!

I would love a SciFi themed cruise since I am a hard-core Trekkie (even in the movie "Trekkies").

And I'll probably get my ars flamed for this one but having lived through and survived the "Swinging years" (and I don't mean the Big Band era), I would love a senior "adult themed" cruise :eek:(very, very discret in public).

I won't hold my breath for the latter one.:D

OK, which one were you? I hope not "Spinerfan" :eek:

Nope, I'm David (wife then Laurel) and our poodle Tammi. I wanted to get my ears surgically altered to be like Mr. Spock's :D Never happened though.;)

• 4 weeks later...
I would love a SciFi themed cruise since I am a hard-core Trekkie (even in the movie "Trekkies").

And I'll probably get my ars flamed for this one but having lived through and survived the "Swinging years" (and I don't mean the Big Band era), I would love a senior "adult themed" cruise :eek:(very, very discret in public).

I won't hold my breath for the latter one.:D

I think both of those sound like a blast!!!!!!

I would like to go on a Sports Illustrated Swim Suit model shoot and a Victoria Secret model shoo:Dt as a theme cruise:D

OK, you're first in line behind me; and then the (senior) swingers cruise:eek:

• 1 month later...
How about boogieing down on a 70’s Disco Cruise.

Instead of Tux's men would wear Safari Suits.

Women wearing caftans with clogs.

Nightly Fondue making.

Of course with 70's inspirational music - ABBA Bee Gee's and so on...

Book me up!

Hmm, women only cruise doesn't sound half bad to me ;)

I wouldn't care much for the shopping, but the beach and cruise entertainment sound good!

Morning shopping in all the ports,afternoons on a nice beach and cruise entertainment at night.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Jazz and Reggae Cruise (Smooth Jazz and Latin Jazz, Reggae)

Love the sound of Jazz, Reggae and Latin Jazz while sailing the high seas and drinking a glass of wine or a mojito!!

If anyone knows about this type of cruise let me know, I know there are several Jazz cruises, but they are so darn expensive

Archived