What would your favorite themed cruise be?

Wormy53

My second would be like a S&M theme cruise~ Adults only of course! It would be fun and my boyfriend would love it!:D

And here I was trying *not* to say that... :P Yes, that would be fun, though... ;)

• 1 month later...
How bout a Holistic New Age cruise? It would be a cruise of relaxation and meditation with classes on various different subjects. Cruisers could pick and choose their interests. Vendors with lots of different info and goods would be all around. Does something like this exist? This would definately be one for leaving the hubs at home and bringing our gal pals. ;) Oh men are welcome too.... I just know mine would prefer a golfing/hunting/football them instead. :eek:

Pam

I'd be in for that for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be cool for different music cruises...to get to hang with the members of the band and stuff.

I am going on a theme cruise in November... Gary Hoey...

myspacedotcom/garyhoeycruise2008

there is information there can't wait!

I would love a cooking cruise with Vietnamese theme. Also, with possible dress in costume of Vietnam.

I would love an all inclusive cruise (even though the cost would be more) so I would have an amount to pay and be done with it. It should inlcude liquor, some pictures, and all taxes, tips and port fees. Just give me the bottom line.

Linda

Our very first cruise back in 1991 was a 50s 60s rock and roll cruise. On board were Paul Revere and the Raiders and Dion. It WAS great!!! There was a group of 250 or so from Oregon/Washington that had booked through one of their local radio stations, so they were EVERYWHERE on the ship. I must say, it was a GREAT first cruise because, as everyone said, everyone had SOMETHING in common!!!

My husband wants to do another one (50s 60s) so if anyone hears of one, please let me know!!!

Smitty

I can tell you that there will be another one on the Miracle out of NY June 1 of next year :) Entertainment includes The "Legendary' Teenagers, The Fireflies, Vito Picone and the Elegants, The Chiffons, and The Eternals. :)

How bout a Holistic New Age cruise? It would be a cruise of relaxation and meditation with classes on various different subjects. Cruisers could pick and choose their interests. Vendors with lots of different info and goods would be all around. Does something like this exist? This would definately be one for leaving the hubs at home and bringing our gal pals. ;) Oh men are welcome too.... I just know mine would prefer a golfing/hunting/football them instead. :eek:

Pam

Combine this cruise with a wine appreciation/tasting cruise and I would be in heaven.

:cool:

I would go on a "Bonnaroo" cruise. There's the annual Jam Cruise, but it's horrifically expensive and there's no one on the next one I'd want to see.

I'd also go on a "learn to cook vegetarian" cruise -- getting ready to cut back on meat consumption.

Or a progressive political cruise. I'm going to Netroots Nation in Austin in July, but I'd rather be out at sea for a conference like this iinstead of sweltering Texas!

Where do you find these? On Cruise Critic or the cruiseline sites?:confused:

I would go on a "Bonnaroo" cruise. There's the annual Jam Cruise, but it's horrifically expensive and there's no one on the next one I'd want to see.

I'd also go on a "learn to cook vegetarian" cruise -- getting ready to cut back on meat consumption.

Or a progressive political cruise. I'm going to Netroots Nation in Austin in July, but I'd rather be out at sea for a conference like this iinstead of sweltering Texas!

The only cruises I have been on have been Barenaked Ladies' fan cruises... Ships & Dip. It's basically them, and other bands/performers that are their friends and/or family. It's a BLAST. I've been on the first two, and have booked the third for Feb '09.

I've not only gotten to see some of my favorite bands while going on vacation with them, but I've also discovered some great new music, too! :D

There's links in my signature to photos...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this has probably already been said but..... I love the 80's soooo, I said it... we could get out our 80's prom dresses and wear them for formal night...hehehe

Oh and my husband wanted to add his theme cruise would be a "Hooter" cruise and noooo, I am not talking about owls serving drinks!!!

Another idea: A book themed cruise (could choose a genre such as mysteries or something historical, etc., etc.)

As your screen name scrolled by, I thought about how I would love to take a cruise with an "I love Scotland" theme, though I can't imagine any Highland games that could be played on deck. :eek:

Wortz: Do a Search for GoClassy vacations or Castaways vacations. At home. Don't look these sites up at work.....

Big Bird: I saw a site with info on a Battlestar Galactica cruise.

So I am probably the only USMNT/MLS fan on this site?

Now that we have some retired players who have some time on their hands (Hi, Eric Wynalda!) , let's have an MLS cruise. Anything to get Marcelo Balboa out of the broadcast booth.

I think that there should be a few dozen of us strolling around Costa Maya or Cozumel with our USMNT jerseys, Sam's Army shirts or Don't Tread On Me shirts.

We could even help out futbolistas less fortunate than ourselves by collecting balls & cleats in kids' sizes to hand out on a shore excursion.

We could take over the basketball/volleyball court for some Futsal.

Oh and my husband wanted to add his theme cruise would be a "Hooter" cruise and noooo, I am not talking about owls serving drinks!!!

Um, well; a travel agency around here is offering a cruise that benefits the Susan Komen foundation.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were on a 9-1-1 cruise. It was called a "Lights and Sirens" cruise consisting of a group of firefighters, paramedics, emt's and police officers along with family and friends. Had a great time!!!! Would love to have a "Second Alarm" cruise.

• 4 months later...

I've seen a few hints of the cruise I would drop everything and sail on: a culinary cruise.

It'd be in the Mediterranean and take in culinary traditions of Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and North Africa. The excursions would be to local markets, producers (vinyards, farms, plantations), as well as restaurants. Onboard (dream) guests would be Harold McGee (food scientist for the layman), Jacques Pepin, Jacques Torres, Lidia Bastianich, and Ferran Adria or Grant Achatz. Someone who specializes in North African cuisines would also be on board. There would be hands-on classes on techniques, selection of ingredients, etc.

This home cook would be in heaven! 1.gif

I'd like to see a Disney themed cruise. Design the ships around Mickey Mouse primary colors, put characters on board, make the decor whimsical yet elegant. They could put in a huge kids area then make a few adults-only areas and create some Disney themed shows.

That would be a lot of fun... wait,... what? Oh, never mind. :rolleyes:

We were on a 9-1-1 cruise. It was called a "Lights and Sirens" cruise consisting of a group of firefighters, paramedics, emt's and police officers along with family and friends. Had a great time!!!! Would love to have a "Second Alarm" cruise.

That would be a lot of fun . . . but one of the reasons I go on a cruise is to get away from work (I'm a paramedic). Were there a lot of "war stories" being told?

Christine

I can tell you that there will be another one on the Miracle out of NY June 1 of next year :) Entertainment includes The "Legendary' Teenagers, The Fireflies, Vito Picone and the Elegants, The Chiffons, and The Eternals. :)

There is a Soprano's Oldies Cruise going out of Cape Liberty, NJ on Sept 26, 2009. It is going to be on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda. Their special guest will be none other than Soprano's star Tony Darrow. The bands will be Larry Chance & The Earls:) and Danny and the Juniors w/Joe Terry.:)

Colleen

Archived