Costa Magica Beds: As bad as many claim?

yuccaman

How good/bad are the Costa Magica beds?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How good/bad are the Costa Magica beds?

• Great/Good
    • Fair
    • Poor, but survivable for a week
    • Abominable- forget it

We just got back yesterday from the Mediterranea. The beds were Hard!! And so were the pillows. I had asked for a new mattress, which we got right away, but it was hard, also. If you specify an "egg crete" you might get it. I may be more picky than some. We have a Select Comfort, sleep number bed (my DH sells them) so the bed was at the top of our list for them to do something about. I think if you let them know as soon as you get there that you want it changed, you will be happier. And, take your own pillow. One of those "space" bags will help with that.

Alice in New Smyrna Beach

cabin gal doenst the Med have the new bedding since it's layup on nassau?

the beds on magica are not new, i know this from posters.

simply ask for a second mattress on your bed on the magica. it's not that the beds are hard its that the mattresses are thin and you feel the bed framing underneath.

a simple second mattress makes all the difference.

Hi Joe,

I really appreciate your time on this web site.....and your knowledge.

No, I don't think, or it didn't feel like, the beds on the Med were of any upgrading. We did ask for topper...it did make it easier to get in and out of, but no softer. I think I should have insisted on the foam egg create.

Alice

all i know is i layed in my bed upon first entering my room and immedietly went 'oh, this is what they're talking about'. then when i met the room steward we told him we wanted mattress toppers. after lunch we came back and he had remade our beds with two mattresses on top, not just one.

this time i layed in it and it felt like a real bed, i didn't feel the frame.

ofcourse this is all dependant on your pressure (height to weight ratio) that you put on the bed (i'm 6'1" 210) and what you define as a 'hard' or 'soft' bed.

Arrive early and check the bed. Ask for a matress topper or an egg crate, and they will accomodate you. The matresses on Costa ships are just like those in hotels in Europe. Remember, its an Italian cruise Line.

Enjoy,

Alberto

Archived