Embarkation - Daylight Savings Questions

We will be embarking on the Pride this Sunday and was curious how Daylight Savings Time may affect boarding times? Has anyone experienced this? We would like to do the early check in on the Queen Mary. I think we lose an hour this weekend and I don't think the ship will reach Long Beach any earlier than normal. Wouldn't this mean that the ship will probably be an hour behind in disembarking and possibly push back the embarkation time? Any thoughts

If I'm not mistaken, having been on one when the time changes, they change at 2AM, just like the rest of us. So they come in at the time scheduled for that day & leave at the time scheduled for that day. Seamless & you never know, other than the fact that when you are on it you lose an hour.

No worries! Have fun!

Trust me they do, I have been on such a cruise & nothing changes (except your clock @ 2am)! Their times are set to coincide with changes and I don't think they go full speed & have to make up time. Whatever they do, it works. We cruised & it was seamless, never know it except we lost an hour of sleep! :( and cruisin time

Just show up at the normal time...you will be fine & on time!

Longhorn...We'll be cruising with you on the Pride!! No worries about the ship arriving on time. Unless very rough weather, the ship is always within range of port very early and cuts back its speed as it nears the pilot station to coincide with the agreed arrival time. Looking forward to next week.

Archived