My first balcony--help me decide!

terraweb

I've never had a balcony cabin before, but I have the opportunity to book one for my next cruise. I can get a free upgrade to 8I, which I believe is Panorama. So I have a few questions:

Should I go for Panorama, or stick with something like Empress? I've always really loved being on Empress deck; it's quiet and convenient. So is there any real benefit to being higher than that? What do you like/dislike about the higher decks? Are there any cabins I should avoid at all costs? (I'll be on the Legend.)

And the big question: will I be spoiled forever after having a balcony??

Last year Miracle upgrade to 8I, loved it no complaints other than my cabin mate snoring!!!

This year same thing on the Legend 8A to the 8I ... I don't think I could ever go without a balcony ;)

You will love it!!

...YES! You will be a balcony person from then on. Once we got our first one, we've only done them since. The Extended Balconies are very nice.

As far as the Panorama Deck, we're facing the same situation on the Spirit on 11/30/07 to the Exotic Mexican Riviera. We booked the 8A Main Deck rate and were upgraded to an 8I Extended Balcony on Panorama. I was concerned about the deck noise from the Lido deck above our heads, so we selected a cabin as far forward as possible so that the Spa area was above us instead of the pool/sun lounging areas. We figured this would be a bit quieter. But I would love to hear from anyone who is an experienced with Panorama balcony cabins to see if noise, etc from Lido was an issue.

Should I go for Panorama, or stick with something like Empress? I've always really loved being on Empress deck; it's quiet and convenient. So is there any real benefit to being higher than that? What do you like/dislike about the higher decks? Are there any cabins I should avoid at all costs? (I'll be on the Legend.)

And the big question: will I be spoiled forever after having a balcony??

I love the EMpress deck. It is two up to Lido and two down to promenade and you have cabins above and below you. It is a great location. And yes, you will be spoiled.

I love the EMpress deck. It is two up to Lido and two down to promenade and you have cabins above and below you. It is a great location. And yes, you will be spoiled.

You are referring to a Conquest class ship (Glory). She is on a Spirit class ship (Legend). The deck plans are significantly different.

Thanks for all the input, y'all! I'll go ahead and book the 8I and just resign myself to being spoiled. :D

I'm excited! Coffee and/or continental breakfast on my balcony.....aaaaahhhhh.......

...Suffice it to say that despite the fact that we severely curtailed our use of the balcony and certainly ceased to eat or drink out there, the fact that we had done so during the initial soot downpour occurrence on Thursday as well as on the second occurrence on Friday, the damage appears to have been done. Both my wife and I as well as our traveling companions, have been coughing insecently since those initial exposures. ...

Do you think the cough could have anything to do with smoking cigars :rolleyes:

we sailed AFT 8450 on 2/20/2005 Carnival ValorExotic Western Carib

here is me getting great sun

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1283001521065214368hhzOrl

Archived