***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Oh boy was today anotehr repeat of last cruise with Stacey and Wally! Went to the "Palenque" outside the port for lunch and had 5 bottles of "Medio y Medio", some BAAAHHH, grilled cheese and prosciutto and to polsih it all off with Zambuca shooters!...I couldn't feel my head by the time weleft tonight which was late btw again as we had to wait until the Rotterdam was leaving first. We did ended leaving just shortly after 7:00pm tonight and on our way to Stanley.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

This sound like another fun day in Montevideo. I'm surprised you were able to find your way back to the ship after that one. Wish I had been there. Have you picked out the condo yet?

Well just got back from the "Office" tonight and it was pretty quiet and also not much excitement from my end either!...Oh well better than loosing!

After coming back onboard toatlly "Knackered" from lunch and the liquids, I decided to take a quick nap which turned into a 4 hour nap and paased out until 8:00pm and decided it was time for a "bad boy beauty make-over" to get ready for dinner.

Dinner tonight was uneventfull as I really wasn't that hungry but had a Caprese Salad and some Mushroom Risotto and the French Apple Cheesecake with Coffee. We ordered a bottle of San Peligrino and another bottle of Pinot Grigio, Santa Marguerita.

It's been very quiet on the ship tonight and I really don't know where I am getting this extra energy to post at 1:10am our time.

Going off to bed real soon and we are at sea for the next two days before reaching the Falklands.

There is quite a bit of movement tonight about the ship and we are pitching and rolling.

More to follow later tomorrow morning from the Golden Princess.

Tony

Doesn't sound like this cruise is having the wonderful weather and calm seas we had on the Rio to BA cruise. Glad to hear the ear is better. I hope both, the weather and the ear, improve.

I just figured out how to use the multiple quote feature. Love it.

Tony and Arlene - have fun in Stanley. We once did a pub crawl there. Only made it to 3 pubs:( ...think you can do better?;) BTW, I got a great key ring at the Victory pub - it reads "Getting people pissed for 57 years!" My favorite souvenir!

Tony - any more word from the Puzzle Palace on Elite/Super Elite perks?:confused:

Ciao!

Dee

Hello....hope your day goes well...and your head feel better today.

I have a question....when one does a B2B.....do you have to do the firedrill again..even if you don't disembark the ship? I don't think anyone has ever asked this question before....

Thank you! :D

Joyce

On the few b2b's that we've done--no need to repeat the first muster

But, when it's going on you almost feel you should stay in your cabin so that no one would question you--we just go about doing whatever we were doing, but it certainly felt strange the first time.

Nancy:D

Tony, I can't believe you are still up. I have never sailed with Frankie how is he? Does he mix with the passengers? I have sailed twice with JJ and the last time he seemed less than happy to be there. I'm am glad you are posting again. You have so much information. Thank you.

Glad to 'see' you are all having a wonderful trip and had a great excursion.

So Arlene - how much Grappa did you consume???:D :rolleyes:

Not enough to affect me, but Milt didn't do as well. He got sick last night, though not from the Grappa. I can pinpoint the culprit/food. Of course I didn't eat it. This too shall pass.

Arlene

I have a question....when one does a B2B.....do you have to do the firedrill again..even if you don't disembark the ship? I don't think anyone has ever asked this question before....

Joyce

We didn't have to do it the second leg but we stayed in the same cabin for both cruises, guess it could change depending on cabin, ship, captain:D

Not enough to affect me, but Milt didn't do as well. He got sick last night, though not from the Grappa. I can pinpoint the culprit/food. Of course I didn't eat it. This too shall pass.

Arlene

Hope Milt feels better today and dare I ask what????

How are the seas this morning?? Any plans for the 2 days at sea besides relaxing?? Anything different posted in the patters???

Day 3 and it's really rolling out there. Weather is yucky; rain on/rain off-ship moving quite a bit and windy. Outside temp about 61; too cold for me anyway.

Milt still feeling queasy this AM; may elect to miss trivia. OMG! :eek: On a personal note, I won't bore you with what I had for dinner; never anything interesting. I did request something special - spinach. Just call me Popeye. :) Tony's menu is far more interesting than mine.

SCARLET: Frankie is called "deputy CD" and JJ is CD

JOYCE: On B2B you only have to do muster first time. No need to hide. :)

JULIA: Our guide in Montevideo told us they were expecting rioting. We saw many signs saying 'BUSH GO HOME" Fortunately we got out of there before anything started.

DEE: I haven't heard anything about Super Elite; have they officially instituted it?

TODAY on board the GOLDEN

Right now there's a port talk in the Princess Theater on Stanley/Cape Horn. Obviously I'm not attending. There's also supposed to be a shuffleboard tournament. hahahaha........not likely.

Trivia awaits me at 11:15. This is what cruising is all about, right? Need to accumulate more Princess junk. Ahem..........I mean prizes.

Of course there's lots going on which is always the case on a sea day; movies, bridge, bingo, horse racing, computer classes, arts and crafts, etc.

Tonight is our first formal night. I believe there will be two, though I sort of expected three. The Captain's Gala Cocktail Party will be all over Decks 5, 6 and 7 from 5:30-6:00 and 7:45-8:15. We don't usually attend.

Tonight's entertainment is the production show WORDS AND MUSIC which we have seen too many times and in the Vista there'll be a HARPIST. We'll pass on that one too.

See you all later.

Arlene

Hello everyone in reality time,

Back on board, back on board, boy it's good to be back on board the Golden Princess. We decided to arrive in BA the same day the ship sailed. After flying from SF to Washington DC we had to run to catch our next flight to BA. Everything went like clock work at the airport. We first went thru immigration then to collect our baggage. Our bags were almost the first four bags off the baggage ramp. We then proceeded to go thru customs and the officers just waived us thru, essentially they did not open our bags or ask us any questions, in fact they didn't collect our customs statement. The Princess person waiting outside the customs area had no sign just a clip board. I had to go up to him to ask him if he was from Princess (how lucky is that?). Unfortunately that's where the luck ended. After listening to Wokie "watch your luggage", I wouldn't let the bus driver touch my luggage when he wanted to help me put it in the luggage compartment. The Princess tour lady on the bus said we only had about a 40 minute ride to the terminal. After one hour we arrived at the port. Then it took the bus one hour to travel a half mile to the Terminal. The traffic jam was unbelievable. Next came the wait to get on the ship, the line to pick up the cruise cards was 50 yards long. Thanks to Elite Status we were able to go to the head of the line. Everything else went ok except it took until Midnight for us to recieve our last bag. Thank God it was my bag that was missing and not my wifes' bag.

We finally met Arlene and Milt on the Montevideo tour, nice people as were all the couples on our tour. We had a great tour of Montevideo, thanks to Donna Brown who put our tour together and watched over all of us while we were on the tour, in fact there was this pickpocket coming at me from my backside and thanks to Donna she put herself between the pickpocket and me to stop him from making me a victim.:eek: Thanks Donna.:)

Today looks as if the sun might come out and turn into another beautiful day. But of course everyday is a beautiful day when we're on a cruise. Maybe I'll run into the infamous TJ (Tony) today and make sure to remind him to eat the blueberry sorbet for dessert.

Love this cruise,

Bill

PS Jotworld Bill now I know why you don't have time to answer my e-mail because your too busy over here.:cool:

This sound like another fun day in Montevideo. I'm surprised you were able to find your way back to the ship after that one. Wish I had been there. Have you picked out the condo yet?

Doesn't sound like this cruise is having the wonderful weather and calm seas we had on the Rio to BA cruise. Glad to hear the ear is better. I hope both, the weather and the ear, improve.

I just figured out how to use the multiple quote feature. Love it.

Don't you just love that feature?

I guess I was on auto-pilot yesterday making it back to the ship.

The weather and seas ARE NOT the same as on the New Orleans to Rio or the Rio to Buenos Aires cruises at all.

Tony

Tony and Arlene - have fun in Stanley. We once did a pub crawl there. Only made it to 3 pubs ...think you can do better?;) BTW, I got a great key ring at the Victory pub - it reads "Getting people pissed for 57 years!" My favorite souvenir!

Tony - any more word from the Puzzle Palace on Elite/Super Elite perks?:confused:

Ciao!

Dee

Yes some news....Apparently the "Puzzle Palace" will be implementing this new "Super Duper Elite" level by mid to end of year this year...let's see what they add to the list of perks?

Look sister, I really don't want to even try and top you and John in the "Drinking Olympics".

Tony

Joyce

No you don't have to Joyce...if you are on a B2B you are exempt for the following cruise....

Tony

Who are Frankie and JJ? We're on the Golden on 4/12 out of SF

Thanks for the great reports!

Keep 'em coming

JJ Ulrich is the Cruise Director and Frankie is the Deputy Cruise Director.

They will both still be onboard on april 12th in SFO.

Tony

Hope Milt feels better today and dare I ask what????

How are the seas this morning?? Any plans for the 2 days at sea besides relaxing?? Anything different posted in the patters???

Rock and Roll is the program today at sea....we have been moving around a lot sicne I flopped into bed last night at 1:30am. It's currently 10:40am and it's even worse than last night.

We currently have overcast skies and strongs winds as well which isn't helping out at all.

Same old same old in the patter as usual.

Tony

Back on board, back on board, boy it's good to be back on board the Golden Princess. We decided to arrive in BA the same day the ship sailed. After flying from SF to Washington DC we had to run to catch our next flight to BA. Everything went like clock work at the airport. We first went thru immigration then to collect our baggage. Our bags were almost the first four bags off the baggage ramp. We then proceeded to go thru customs and the officers just waived us thru, essentially they did not open our bags or ask us any questions, in fact they didn't collect our customs statement. The Princess person waiting outside the customs area had no sign just a clip board. I had to go up to him to ask him if he was from Princess (how lucky is that?). Unfortunately that's where the luck ended. After listening to Wokie "watch your luggage", I wouldn't let the bus driver touch my luggage when he wanted to help me put it in the luggage compartment. The Princess tour lady on the bus said we only had about a 40 minute ride to the terminal. After one hour we arrived at the port. Then it took the bus one hour to travel a half mile to the Terminal. The traffic jam was unbelievable. Next came the wait to get on the ship, the line to pick up the cruise cards was 50 yards long. Thanks to Elite Status we were able to go to the head of the line. Everything else went ok except it took until Midnight for us to recieve our last bag. Thank God it was my bag that was missing and not my wifes' bag.

We finally met Arlene and Milt on the Montevideo tour, nice people as were all the couples on our tour. We had a great tour of Montevideo, thanks to Donna Brown who put our tour together and watched over all of us while we were on the tour, in fact there was this pickpocket coming at me from my backside and thanks to Donna she put herself between the pickpocket and me to stop him from making me a victim.:eek: Thanks Donna.

Today looks as if the sun might come out and turn into another beautiful day. But of course everyday is a beautiful day when we're on a cruise. Maybe I'll run into the infamous TJ (Tony) today and make sure to remind him to eat the blueberry sorbet for dessert.

Love this cruise,

Bill

PS Jotworld Bill now I know why you don't have time to answer my e-mail because your too busy over here.:cool:

Bill you were just in the Internet Cafe and misses the "infamous Tony"....I haven't had the blueberry sorbet today although the weather map looks like it again on here!

Tony

Good morning from the Golden Princess enroute to the "Malvinas". Woke up this morning at 8:00am to find we had huge swells and waves and overcast and cloudy weather.

This run is what I have been accustomed to going into Stanley as years past....very choppy, rocky etc...

Thsi morning the Dinning Room was packed when we arrived at 9:00am. had my double espresso, fresh squeezed OJ and Eggs Benedict that was on the menu.

The Internet Cafe is again another popular attraction, although we are not as many Elite Paxs as on the last couple of cruises down here. I haven't actually asked Ceila our Captain Circle Hostess how many we are.

The plan for today is lunch later, then after the gym this afternoon and a much needed haircut as well.

Tonight is Formal Night....yuk!...oh well I'll jump into my penghuin suit and participate tonight.

More to follow from the Golden Princess being tossed around like a tin can at sea!

Tony

Good morning from the Golden Princess enroute to the "Malvinas". Woke up this morning at 8:00am to find we had huge swells and waves and overcast and cloudy weather.

This run is what I have been accustomed to going into Stanley as years past....very choppy, rocky etc...

Tony

Sea's cannot be that bad if you slept till 8am:D :D

Rainy and miserable here too so given a choice I would choose the choppy seas and vacation.

Guess the same old same old patters are cruising life at it's best:D

Back on board, back on board, boy it's good to be back on board the Golden Princess. Love this cruise,

Bill

Hey Bill,

Thanks for your good report:) , I wish we were back on the Golden again ourselves.:( Some of us have to work you know, it is Tax Season. You're an accountant also, Most CPA's can't take Vacations during TS:confused: My Best to you & I'll answer that eMail right now!;) BTW I was off the Boards for over two months. Just started posting again a few days ago.

Keep the Reports coming! Bill(MTA)

Archived