service corridor noise?

sexyaznboy

I think I've been assigned to a cabin around the corner from a service corridor/elevator on Summit. I've never been on this ship. I've heard the noise can be bothersome early in the morning. Anyone has experience with this? Thanks:(

Several cruises ago, my wife and I had a sky suite that was across the hall from the butlers pantry. In the morning it was very load and woke both of us up early.

When I questioned the butler about the door always being opened and how load the noise was, he told me that he did not think the noise was that load.

The next day, I ordered coffee and asked the butler to close the door and he was amazed that the staff was that loud. After that the door to the pantry was closed.

I would not book a cabin so close again.

not on Summit but on Millie in 2005, we had a cabin adjacent to the crew's staging area. Every night after midnight it sounded like they were bowling for dollars! I complained nightly to the front desk - nothing could be done they said. I didn't sleep well on that cruise. If you've got options - exercise them now!

we always try to avoid the hallways where they keep the service cart--it is noisy at times & not such a great sight when you leave your stateroom! ahev gottenstuck with twice in the past..not a big ddeal but prefer not to be located there!

we always try to avoid the hallways where they keep the service cart--it is noisy at times & not such a great sight when you leave your stateroom! ahev gottenstuck with twice in the past..not a big ddeal but prefer not to be located there!

Hey that's what I cannot figure out, the ship cabin map, there is a space behind my cabin 2076 that I'm wondering if it is a service elevator or ??? How can you tell if an area is a service area or not? I've never been on Summit before.

We just got off the Constellation, cabin 6143. It was right next door to a service area. This is the second time we have been in this cabin. The first time, we rarely heard anything the whole cruise. This time, we did hear alot of door slamming and use of this area. There was never any dirty trays or dishes in sight. With that said, I would book this cabin again in a minute. It wasn't annoying enough to make us change cabins.

Archived