First time questions

jtdl

Not anywhere near that exciting, I live in Clovis and to make it even better, i live down the road from the Gallo winery so i always have the sweet smell of rotten grapes in the air.

I do go to SF a few times a month, just to get out of town, same hotel, same room, everybody knows me, it's just like i live there.

Ok this is cool.....my neice lives in Clovis...her parents live up in Big Creek...don't know if you know where that is......

Sorry for hyjacking this thread......

Ok this is cool.....my neice lives in Clovis...her parents live up in Big Creek...don't know if you know where that is......

Sorry for hyjacking this thread......

Never heard of big creek, there are so many towns up in the mountains, (i am assuming that is where it is) it is hard to keep track of them all.

Looks like were the only 2 on this thread right know, no one will know we hyjacked it until morning.

Have a great night:)

Actually there are quite a few from Canada.....It isn't too bad for us to cruise out of most of the mid to north Florida ports. Direct flights from Buffalo 2.5 hours usually about $500 for a family of 4. Even if we have to drive it is only about 20 hours. I don't think I would cruise out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale only beacuse there is no option to drive...it would just take to long and the only direct flights I could get would be out of Toronto and that would cost more then the cruise.

Kim

jtdl---I wanted to clarify something (and forgive me, because I didn't read the entire thread before posting, so someone else may have already posted this).....you mentioned that your hubby is not big on the idea of a "formal" dinner at night. "Formal" is really a relative term. There are only 1 or 2 true formal nights on a cruise, depending on the length of the cruise. And a suit is really not required....khakis and a polo shirt would be fine and he won't be thrown out of the dining room, I promise. On regular dinner nights, they just ask that you not wear shorts and not wear jeans. My hubby just wears khakis and a polo on most of the nights. On formal night my hubby will wear a button down oxford/business shirt with his khakis, but that's about as dressy as he gets. We've been on several cruises with Carnival and we have never had any issues or complaints with how my hubby dresses for dinner in the "formal" dining room. Really, this IS where you will get the best dinner, so I highly recommend your hubby toughing it out and wearing khakis. I promise, he will be glad he did. Steak, lobster, etc, are all just waiting for him in the formal dining room! :)

jtdl--- they just ask that you not wear shorts and not wear jeans.

Technically, there is no where on the Carnival guidelines thats says you can't wear jeans on non formal nights, it says no shorts or t-shirts.

I suggest to anyone new to Carnival to go to the website and read the FAQ and guidelines.

jtdl--There are only 1 or 2 true formal nights on a cruise, depending on the length of the cruise. And a suit is really not required....khakis and a polo shirt would be fine and he won't be thrown out of the dining room, I promise. On regular dinner nights, they just ask that you not wear shorts and not wear jeans. My hubby just wears khakis and a polo on most of the nights. On formal night my hubby will wear a button down oxford/business shirt with his khakis, but that's about as dressy as he gets.

My husband could certainly live with that I think, but I have seen alot of posts with people not quite happy that others choose not to dress formally - but I guess it is "too each his own" if the official dress code does not state that a tux or suit must be worn on formal nights. I'm still trying to talk him into a cruise. Actually I'm beginning to think that he is a little :eek: to be on a ship!

Another question I have after reading all these posts about March break happenings on the ships - is all of March basically March break? I know that grade school and secondary schools have their breaks scattered throughout March and April, but do the colleges and universities have a particular time or are they all different as well? I have kids in school and would really like to go on their March break, but not if the ship is overrun with the "March break" party go'ers.

Hi glad to see you haven't given up on the idea of cruising.

My DH has a co-worker who just came back from a March break cruise. SHe said there was no issues at all with underage drinking, partying or anything like that, they had a great time and can't wait to go again. It was their first cruise.

I was begining to have second thoughts as well but I am still going to go ahead, weather is great that time of year and with the ship I booked on being so port intensive I can't see it being a big problem.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Kim

khakis and a polo shirt would be fine and he won't be thrown out of the dining room, I promise. On regular dinner nights, they just ask that you not wear shorts and not wear jeans.

WOW! I wouldn't be "promising things you really have no control over. On our last cruise they had crew posted at each door, if you were not in the "required" dress code for the evening, you were not allowed to enter.

This may not happen all the time but it does happen.

Also there is nothing in the dining room attire dress code that says jeans are not allowed on regular dining nights.

It only states "no shorts or t-shirts"

Archived