First time questions

jtdl

Does this make sense?

Now is there a BUFFET in the Lido deck for the Fantasy ship?

Are we allowed to take our own sodas onboard , or is that something we should hide? I saw people had mentioned bringing sodas on board , but wasnt sure if this was allowed or not.

now for my kids : cookies are free & included as well as other desserts from room service and Lido Deck ?

Carolina

There is a buffet on the Lido deck of every Carnival ship.

You can carry on your sodas, if you run out, you can buy more at the next port.

yes, cookies are free and are very good, the brownies are also one of my favorites, you will not have to pay for any food at the Buffet or room service.

Firefly...Mea culpa. Yes, I posted the wrong quote. This is the one I meant to refer to:

~Only the Pizza place is 24 hours.

That made it seem that the pizzeria was the ONLY 24-hr. food available...see?:)

Obstructed view rooms are not the cheapest, The cheapest are Cat. 4a inside cabins.

Fred

I'm not actually looking for the cheapest cabin, just wondering if obstructed views in a certain category are cheaper than nonobstructed views. We will definitely have at least an oceanview (don't think I could stand not having a window to see daylight when I wake up), but if we were to go on the March sailing, we could get a balcony for the same price as an OV on the December 29 sailing.

Firefly...Mea culpa. Yes, I posted the wrong quote. This is the one I meant to refer to:

~Only the Pizza place is 24 hours.

That made it seem that the pizzeria was the ONLY 24-hr. food available...see?:)

Sorry, i was just quoting what firefly said earily about the pizza & sandwich shop being open, i was pointing out that only the "pizza" was open 24 hours not the "sandwich" shop.

I figured i didn't have to say ice cream & room service because it was already stated a few times before.

If RCI still follows the same rules as before, I believe sodas may still be free in the dining room

I'll be on the Splendour of the Seas next month on Deck 7 (inside cabin) but if they were to upgrade me to an outside on Deck 2, you bet I'll take it

Am i on the right board??:o

I thought this was Carnival.

I don't care what cabin I get, as long as I am going cruising!

I'm with you on that one!

When we sailed on our first cruise in November we booked a balcony because we got a deal that made it affordable. When we sailed in February we had an oceanview.

It didn't bother me at all because I was having too much fun somewhere else on the ship.

One thing I did notice is that everyone on the ship got the same type of service from the crew regardless of what cabin category they were in.

Our next cruise we are booked in an inside cabin. I bet I have just as much fun.

Hi there,

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth here! Looks like all your questions were answered and I agree with most of the responses. If RCI still follows the same rules as before, I believe sodas may still be free in the dining room at dinner (not sure about lunch - there may be a charge). I don't drink sodas but have heard that on other cruises. Milk will always be free and should be readily available during breakfast, lunch and dinner - might not always been available in the 24-hour self-serve area - there will probably be tea, hot chocolate and possibly some juices (not on all ships though).

I've sailed in cabins down below, way up top, forward, aft, etc. While many prefer the mid-ship cabins, I tend to like the ones that are either more forward or aft because you get less "foot traffic" and they're a lot quieter. Never had a problem with more motion either way - I sleep good no matter where they put me! Remember too, just because you're on the bottom deck, doesn't mean you're paying the cheapest rate - those outside cabins cost more than the inside ones maybe 5-6 decks up. I'll be on the Splendour of the Seas next month on Deck 7 (inside cabin) but if they were to upgrade me to an outside on Deck 2, you bet I'll take it! Not worth it to pay for an outside when I can take my chances on an upgrade being a Diamond member but if I had a traveling companion, the rate was only $50 more a person and I would pay that - otherwise, they want to charge me $500 more - that's like double the cruise and I'd rather have more spending $$.

Good luck!

Laurie

RCCI charges for sodas in the dining room at all times... so does Carnival.

So did ya book yet;)

Kim

Well unfortunately DH says he doesn't want to go on a cruise, would rather go to an AI. I'm still working on him though. Got the planning DVD in the mail yesterday and we watched that but he hasn't relented so far:( but I'm still trying.

Oh that's too bad, I never thought I would like cruising. I thought I would feel "trapped" on a ship but I love the fact that for a very reasonable price I get to visit 3 or 4 countries.

Hope you enjoy your vacation regardless of what you plan.

Kim

Oh that's too bad, I never thought I would like cruising. I thought I would feel "trapped" on a ship Kim

I have that same problem with most of my friends, "can't be trapped for a week" try as i do, i just can't get them to understand, they would rather drive to Vegas and spend $5000 a day.

Oh well, I guess they will never know what fun there are missing.

Hi, Does anyone know if there are fridges in the balcony cabins? Thank You for your help on this. Pisan

The Conquest type ships have refrigerators in the balcony rooms. Make sure you have the cabin stewart remove all of the liquor and other drinks from it. These are expensive drinks if you comsume them.

We brought our own soft drinks on board.

he's a Corporate attorney & she's a corporate paralegal, they spend all their money on fun but will not get on a ship.

Ok... ya need to drug them put them on a plane and the rest is history!

I know what ya mean. We have friends also that have not cruised yet.

but some day we will get them on one....

Have you noticed that not too many people here on cc are from calif.

Most from back east, midwest or canada...

Are you in the Frisco area?

Or maybe Oakland?

Not anywhere near that exciting, I live in Clovis and to make it even better, i live down the road from the Gallo winery so i always have the sweet smell of rotten grapes in the air.

I do go to SF a few times a month, just to get out of town, same hotel, same room, everybody knows me, it's just like i live there.

Archived