Millenium Refurb?

:) Good evening,

She's had her ''scheduled regular '' yard visit, complete with drydock, 16 months ago in Europe.

This coming spring, she's going in for a ''special''drydock for replacement of pods bearing/electrical with ''new // and/or //redesigned ''bearings from RollsRoyce;; as well, ==X== is installing a diesel auxilliary generator ( the whole class will get those in cycle).

Of course, while out of service for 12-14 days, a lot of regular hotel // aesthetics // softgood//mechanical maintenance will be performed. Her Hull might even get a new paint job.

Nothing of a major facelift nature is scheduled, however.

Cheers

;)

Hi

I think a few cosmetic upgrades and what previous poster mentioned will do the job. The ship is just 6 years old, though. They should also take a closer look to the bathrooms of their staterooms. I love Millienium- one of my favorite ships, along with the other Milli- Class ships. I can´t wait to board my " last" Milli-Class ship in a few weeks- Infinity.

Greetings

Micahel

We were on the Millie on 3/4/07. I understand they are finishing the caribbean this week then the 15 days transatlantic sailing 3/17. Then the ship will be in drydock for 3 weeks before beginning their Europe sailings on 4/21. It was looking a bit worn but we had a nice time.

The dry dock scheduled for April 2 to April 21 is to...

- Install an auxilliary diesel generator

- Work on the PODs based on some new ideas from Rolls Royce...

- Replace the carpets throughout the public areas of the ship

- Close the 'hole in the floor' between the Martini Bar and the Rendez-vous lounge

- And apparently some other minor stuff...

Cheers -

Floris

Archived