Liquor Stores in Sydney

spindrift

Thanks, Fires. That is great information. And Mochuck, you can be assured that we will head to the liquor store for a drink in our room before we will pay those prices at the bar. Thanks for the heads up.

We had originally booked our room at the Marriott Circular Quay independently, but the cruise line would not work with us on the air schedule since we wanted to go in several days ahead. To get our BC upgrade at a reasonable cost, we had to use their hotel. That is it in a nutshell. So, the 4 Seasons.

Okay, because of issues w/the cruise lines, air, etc. etc. we are now at the 4 Seasons. Let's start this inquiry all over. Where are the liquor stores near the 4 Seasons?

Is the 4 Seasons in a good location to other things as well?

Basically, it takes 3½ minutes to walk from the front door of the Four Seasons to the front door of the Sydney Harbour Marriott. So all of mochuck's previous answers hold true!

A point of detail: I saw a wine outlet (not grand enough to be called a "shop" :)) opposite Wharf 3 of Circular Quay, not Wharf 2 - I think this must be what mochuck was referring to in an earlier post. It's in the archway underneath the railway platforms, rather than directly facing the ferries. IIRC, it's a branch of "Mr Liquor". Honest, I was actually looking for a cake shop at the time, but I saw it and remembered this thread.

I also passed the Australian Wine Centre, which looked like my sort of place, although I didn't have time to stop in and look.

Globaliser are you an Aussie? It says you live in UK but you seem very well versed in all things Australian.
No, I really do live in the UK but I go out to Oz two or three times a year to see friends, so I probably spend two to four weeks a year there, mostly in Sydney.

There is a cheap liquor store at Circular Quay opposite the ferry terminal and underneath the rail line. It is next to the souvenir shop.

I did shop there on our recent trip, however I wouldn't say it was cheap. As I mentioned above I thought Aussie prices were probably twice the price as N American.

We did see ads for much cheaper liquor stores, I can't remember the name but they were out in the suburbs.

Archived