Recent Star cruisers Post Mar 11th ??

mattR

How dose the Star handle the new Daylight savings time? Is the ship not turning it's clock ahead at all now? Or is it still turning the clock ahead which would mean the ship would be even with PV but ahead of Cabo?

Cruise ships basically change their clocks to match what the home port does. As they change time zones, they change their clocks over at night. If the foreign port follows Daylight Savings Time, the ship's clocks will be synch with the port. If the port doesn't, the ship clocks will usually be one hour ahead. It's really up to the Captain when the ship's clocks are changed. In the Caribbean, some ports do and don't, and I don't expect the Captain to change time every night to match the time at tomorrows port. Sometimes, that would be a two hour change. I don't want to suffer from jet lag while traveling by ship.

The Star has been moving it's clock forward one hour and then back one hour this season so ship time hasn't matched port time in 3 of it's 4 stops this season. However now with the time change I don't know what they are doing?

Yes, Matt, it would be nice if some recent Star cruisers with the altered itinerary would speak to their experiences. I did the Star on the regular itinerary two years ago, but I don't think that is relevant now with the new ports.

For example, even though Acapulco was in the CENTRAL time zone on my last Star cruise, the ship time only changed ONE hour instead of two.

I hope we can get some current information from recent cruisers. :)

Just got off the star on Wed. We changed our clock 1 hour forward on Wed or Thursday night(before DST time change), and did not change clocks again. When we arrived back in Los Angeles our clocks had the same time as local time.

I believe in all of the ports except Cabo, ship time was different then local time, to be honest with you I did not pay much attention.

Well, the time matters if you are planning an independent shore excursion and need to know if the ship stays with the actual local time or not. It's actually a pretty important consideration on most cruises that travel through various time zones.

Archived