Bonine- Best time to take it??

I always take one in the morning and 1 before dinner. I have been on 10 cruises and never been sick. I haven't had any problems drinking with the Bonine. I don't know if I would ever would get sick, but I don't want to find out the hard way. It is just easier to take the pills. My husband doesn't take anything because he doesn't get sick. He goes deep sea fishing and nothing bothers him.

That's my problem is that i don't know if i am prone to sea sickness or not... so i don't know if i should wait or not to take medication

I'm usually not one to get seasick but I do get a headache riding in a car going down back roads or in a plane when you can tell it's making a turn (during the landing procedure) or once in the very aft and very bow of the ship. I felt it was just the beginning of motion sickness and I don't want to find out what's next. I take my first Bonine the night before we are flying out and continue taking one every night. If you are not sure and don't really want to take them I would suggest if you start to feel at all lightheaded take a bonine and go somewhere midship and a lower deck and sit down for a bit, like the centrum.

As the others have said, I take it before the cruise and then I take one every day. I also take it for two days post cruise and it takes away that dizzy effect after you are off the ship. You can get Meclizine on-line at drugstore.com for 9.99 for a bottle of 100.

All, There is a reason there is 8 in a box. You are supposed to start it the day before.

Silly me... I thought it was for ease of packaging. :D

... and since I have a doctor's visit tomorrow... I guess I can ask for a script for them! :p

As the others have said, I take it before the cruise and then I take one every day. I also take it for two days post cruise and it takes away that dizzy effect after you are off the ship. You can get Meclizine on-line at drugstore.com for 9.99 for a bottle of 100.

... might have to do that if I can't get a script for them.

Silly me... I thought it was for ease of packaging. :D

... and since I have a doctor's visit tomorrow... I guess I can ask for a script for them! :p

... might have to do that if I can't get a script for them.

You can get Bonine OTC, no script needed. I get mine at Walmart.

Archived