Cruise goody bags

goagain

Thanks Peregrina!

Good ideas. I also found some travel scavenger hunts on the internet like this one:

http://familyfun.go.com/family-travel/road-trips/feature/famf48scavplane/famf48scavplane.html

I Love this one. Im going to take the list and add to it, also going to make it a photo scavenger hunt since all going have a digital camera

I finished putting together the goody bags for 3 teen/preteen dds today! Here's what I put in each:

2 teen magazines

2 joke books

sudoku book

variety puzzle book

playing cards

candy bars

cookies

gum

pen

pencil

post its

paper pad

highlighter

disposable camera

scavenger hunt

I'll give them a dollar for spending money for each item in the scavenger hunt they find. There are about 30 items (I would have spent that on them on vaca anyway)

This thread prompted me to ask this question on an other thread. I hope this one helps some one with the same question:

We are travelling with some friends who are first time cruisers.

I want to do something special for them.

I want to make up a gift basket /package for them, and I want it to be taken to their room(s).

How do I go about doing this??

Can I just leave my room steward a note and a tip with instructions and room #'s?? Or Ask them when I see them if they will do this favor (and of course tip them).

Is this something that is on the 'no no list' of things not to do?

Is there other / better suggestions??

I know I can purchace gifts from our Cruise website, but I want to make my own with my own special touches.

Most all who replied stated this was ok.

I would love to hear other ideas to put in my 'Goodie bag'.

but I want to make my own with my own special touches.

Corn Fed -- That is such a sweet idea. I agree with you. No pre-packaged basket could ever touch your friends as much as something that you have put together with loving care. You know these people. You will find that extra special something that was meant only for them and that will get their first cruise off on just the right foot.

One way or another, I hope that you make it work out and that they have a beautiful basket waiting for them when they arrive in their room (or maybe when they return from dinner the first evening).

• 1 year later...

I am glad I did a search and found this thread...I know it's over a year old, but the advice and suggestions are still great...I was going to start a thread asking for the same suggestions...of course, now I ask if anyone else has additional suggestions

my goodie bags are being made for teenagers--15 year-old-girls and 17-year-old guys...I have a lot more ideas for the teen girls but am having a lot more trouble thinking of ideas for the teen guys...any ideas :confused:

If you can get coupons online for sodas or fun money (or cash) to spend on the ship. Sunblock, throw away camera, swim goggles, a lanyard or neck safe to keep their card in, probably you can find stuff at the dollar store or the drug store.:D

I was going to say a large cup too. I hate those small glasses for drinking – I’m a gallon of water a day girl – but someone beat me to it. A pen to go with those sticky note things. Always looking for those on the plane, in the cabin.

How about a mini liquor bottle – so you can have your first toast together. Dollar store mbrellas if you’re going to a rainy place, although I’ve had some good downpores in the Caribbean. Who cares if you bring them home, they were only a dollar!

Corn_Fed…. Just ask the room steward if you can put it in your friends cabin. One year we were sailing over Easter and the room steward opened everyone’s door for me to leave easter eggs hidden around the room for the younger ones and on the pillows for the older ones. If he’s unsure of who you are he can watch you do it… Most people do leave things when they rob you so I’m sure he’ll figure it out that your “gifting”… LOL

For teenagers – I would include a gift certificate for a soda card, or the arcade or buy them a shore excursion that they want but mom says is too expensive. I usually buy my kids (and I mean ALL the kids) a teddy bear from the ship and have the card waiting in the room for them. Then they get to go to the boutique and pick it out themselves. Its always fun to get something that the parents will probably buy anyway BUT not have to listen to the “responsible” part. Like, you can have a soda card but don’t drink so much as to make yourself sick. I made up information for them about what they would see and do so they could imagine too. For the flight, I sent them emails showing the plane and what to expect for movies, lap top use etc.

How about those little personal battery powered fans (most come on a lanyard)? Or even those water bottle fans that will give you a cool misting if you're out by the pool in the hot sun? Smaller refillable water bottles to take out and about? Sunvisors? I've seen plain ones at the craft stores that you decorate.

Happy sailing!

Exfoliating mitts, great for removing sunblock.

mini nail polishes, a different color for each lady, then you'll all have a nice range of colors to choose from each evening.

nail polish remover pads

Toe separators for applying polish

Toe rings

hair scrunchies

sachets of face pack and intensive hair conditioning treatments (buy packs of 4 and divide them up for each lady).

Sunblock for lips

Archived