winds a blow'en, which way do they go?

rtrtx2

I know when there is a hurricane, the ship will change their itinerary to avoid the storm. My question, what do they do if it is a repositioning cruises? We are leaving from NYC on repo cruise to San Juan in Oct. I realize ports of call could be changed or missed, etc., but is there possibility that we would disembark in another port and have to get airfare from that port home, not sure how they deal with this when it isn't a roundtrip ( I know at times you go western instead of eastern, etc). Hopefully no worries but want to be prepared.

Two years ago I did a fall foliage. The following cruise was the repo cruise (NY to San Juan). There was a hurricane approaching for that sailing and from what I understood, the ship sped up really fast (cost Princess tons in extra fuel costs) to avoid the storm and was successful.

Thanks for yur replies, we are always prepared to just go with the flow, but I definitely want to be prepared if we would have to fly home from another destination, that really changes the cost of airfareand times four, that could add up.

Passenger safety is always paramount. Most ships will stay out of range of a hurricane.

We were on one Princess cruise that followed a repositioning cruise down the west coast where there was no choice but to go through some major weather. They had, however, disembarked all passengers first, and they passengers were given refunds and assistance getting home.

Thanks for yur replies, we are always prepared to just go with the flow, but I definitely want to be prepared if we would have to fly home from another destination, that really changes the cost of airfareand times four, that could add up.

When this has happened in the past, Princess has people submit receipts and has reinbursed them for the extra costs. Though, I would encourage you to also have travel insurance just in case as that would also cover the cost.

Archived