Dawn out of NY

rich0372

Hi I'm new here, sad to see the Dawn is having problems, but I don't care as long as get out of CT for 10 days I'll be happy. This will be my second cruise my first was on Carnival Triumph

Ok for my question what time should I arrive at the pier? It says on my paperwork that boarding starts at 2pm and leaves the port at 4 pm. 2 hours doesn't seem like enough time to get all the passengers on board. Also I've been reading about others boarding earlier than 2pm. any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

hi, this is rich0372's wife!:D we were just talking and i was wondering.. what is the earliest we can get there? we are having a limo pick us up so it's not a big deal for us to change the time. i'd rather be there early and avoid standing in line- but also, what time will they start letting us on the ship? will we have to be standing around or is there a lobby you wait in until they allow you to get on? we were on a cruise about 4 yrs ago and i cant remember for the life of me how it worked..we also had to fly down to florida (we are from ct) and left out of Miami.

thanks!:cool:

tebookie, no I haven't heard anything. I actually didn't know anything about the problems with the Dawn until today when I found this MB. What time will you be arriving at the pier?

I think we are planning on getting to the pier between 12 and 1. We are driving from Central MA. Should get there in 4 hours I hope.

Lukyd28: Our itinerary changed as follows:

Friday, Saturday at sea

Sunday San Juan

Monday Tortola

Tuesday St. Maarten

Wednesday St. Thomas

Thursday Samana, DR

Friday, Saturday at sea

The times were changed somewhat; I'd have to go through my paperwork to see if I can find the actual revised itinerary.

I saw this from a different post about the Dawn

Only a few more days! We are leaving CT around 9 in the morning. We are a group of 50 and the bus is scheduled to pick us up at 8 but by the time we get everything on and ready it will be closer to 9. As for the itinerary change...that posting from the other message board was a change that the cruiseline made to the same sailing as ours back on march 1st. If our itinerary gets changed it will probably be like that one. We will not know for sure until sometime Tuesday evening. As soon as someone finds out i'm sure it will be posted...we'll all be on the look out. Enjoy the next few days hopefully Thursday will be here real quick!

Hey All,

I'm on the Dawn right now and doubt the problem's been fixed, certainly haven't heard any talk about it anyway.

We've had amazing seas, calm as anything.

This is my first NCL cruise and it's been fabulous! I will try and write a review on my return. I had heard very little good about NCL before, and came on board with low expectations....it's been a slam dunk winner.

Hope you all have as great a holiday starting Thursday when we finally let you have her.

We arrived just before noon, and as Shoreguy said, were having lunch in the Venetian around 1 PM.

Hey All,

I'm on the Dawn right now and doubt the problem's been fixed, certainly haven't heard any talk about it anyway.

We've had amazing seas, calm as anything.

This is my first NCL cruise and it's been fabulous! I will try and write a review on my return. I had heard very little good about NCL before, and came on board with low expectations....it's been a slam dunk winner.

Hope you all have as great a holiday starting Thursday when we finally let you have her.

We arrived just before noon, and as Shoreguy said, were having lunch in the Venetian around 1 PM.

Glad to read you're having a great cruise, looking forward to your review when you return.

I arrive between 11-12 and there is a looby you wait in, if you get there early enough you will be able to sit, If you arrive, I thnk it was 12:30ish you will wait in a line standing. As someone else posted if you want no lines then 2pm is a good time.

Archived