Suite Perks???

minner80

Here's the link to the Princess website: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

*** Please note that internet access is no longer free for suite passengers - you now get a certain amount of minutes credited to your account **** I know that other CC members have more details about this.

Personally, aside from the much larger room, we just LOVE the free laundry/dry cleaning, initial complimentary minibar setup, having full access to the dining room menus for room service, and priority tendering. The flowers on formal nights are nice. The nightly hors d'oeuvres are nice, but we only really like certain ones (you get to specify your choice each night).

We were in a full suite last year, booked again for one this year, and just love them!!!

Enjoy!!

Here's what I found on Princess Web Site:

Passengers who choose to enjoy their Princess cruise from the luxury of its vessels' most exclusive accommodations will find their deluxe rooms full of extras to make their journey an even more comfortable experience -- from upgraded mattresses and linens, to special services and a welcoming glass of champagne.

To surround passengers with luxury even as they sleep, suites (and mini-suites) have been recently fitted with luxury mattresses and covered in plush 100 percent Egyptian cotton, high thread count bed linens and fluffy European-style duvets. Passengers can choose their perfect pillow from a menu featuring a variety of feather and therapeutic pillows. Suites also come equipped with massaging shower heads, luxurious towels and bathrobes, plus complimentary slippers. Suite passengers can enjoy their favorite movies and songs with an in-suite DVD/CD player, and borrow films from the ship's complimentary DVD library.

Enhanced toiletries, an illuminated vanity mirror, fresh flower arrangements, complimentary tote bag and a mini bar setup of fine liquors and soft drinks are just some of the other extras suite passengers enjoy on Princess ships. Deluxe canapés are delivered daily, and passengers can choose their favorites from a variety of hors d'oeuvres.

Suite passengers can take advantage of complimentary services and shipboard activities, including the spa's thermal suite, internet access in the Internet Cafe, dry cleaning, laundry and shoe polishing. On formal nights they'll receive a complimentary corsage and boutonniere to add some dash to their special attire. They can schedule a private portrait sitting with Princess' onboard photographers or enjoy afternoon tea served in the privacy of their own suite. In addition, suite passengers will enjoy expedited cruise embarkation and early disembarkation in all tender ports, with full privileges in the ship's Platinum disembarkation lounge.

The renowned Princess service is especially evident in suite accommodations. Passengers don't even need to worry about packing and unpacking, as they can request assistance from their suite steward. Reservations are a snap with preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations and personal shore excursion reservations. Guests can also choose from an extended room service menu, with extra options for breakfast and any of the day's dining room selections for lunch and dinner.

Naturally, suite passengers also enjoy some of the finest accommodations at sea. Newer ships feature an array of special facilities from marbled bathrooms to whirlpool baths. Many suites also include such luxurious features as walk-in closets, dining rooms and wet bars.

In total, suite passengers can look forward to the following amenities:

Suite Amenities:

In-Room Amenities:

• Luxury mattresses

• Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

• Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

• Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

• Luxury bathrobes

• Luxury towels

• Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

• Massage shower heads

• Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

• Facial mist (choice of scents)

• Complimentary slippers

• Fresh flower arrangement

• Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

• Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up

• Combined DVD/CD Players

• DVD Library - each vessel has a 100-title DVD library available to suite passengers

• Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity

• Upgraded room amenities, including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag

• Complimentary Princess tote bag

• Umbrella for use during the cruise

Services:

• Expedited embarkation process

• Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations

• Personal shore excursion reservations

• Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

• Complimentary shoe polishing service

Dining Services:

• Welcome glass of champagne at embarkation

• Extended room service menu (extended breakfast, lunch, dinner offering)

• In-suite afternoon tea service

• Passenger's choice of deluxe canapés, delivered daily

Onboard Activities:

• Complimentary internet access in onboard Internet Cafes (wireless internet connection not included).

• Private portrait sitting

• Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Caribbean Princess, Crown Princes, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess).

Passengers who travel in mini-suites will also enjoy the luxury of special bed linens, and upgraded amenities.

Mini-Suites -- In Room Amenities

• Luxury mattresses

• Luxury towels

• Glass of champagne at embarkation

• Upgraded bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion)

AliceJ

Where to you hear or see that free internet has been discontinued for suite guest.

I haven't heard or read this anywhere.

Richard, From what I understand, there will still be free internet in suites, it will just not be unlimited as it was before. BUT.........I will check this out in April when we sail on the Dawn just to make sure (we grabbed up a full suite for this one, we are going to give aft ONE MORE TRY lol). My guess, we will be afforded the same type of free internet minutes that we would ordinairly get with our Elite Status. Just a few weeks and I can find out for sure, so there won't be any more guessing involved. ;)

I'm curious about the suite internet thing too, as I too will be

on board a ship on 4/12/07.

What I would like to know, not that it matters a whole lot since I don't

utilize that many minutes to begin with........... I'd like to know

if, because DH and I are Platinum, will be be able to get even more

minutes by being in a full suite.

Right now I think we each will get 250 minutes, for a total of 500 minutes,

but since we're also in a full suite, will we get to add say another 250 minutes? :confused:

No one has ever addressed this issue since the program hasn't begun yet.

Oh well, I know I will be enjoying my "suite" perks to the hilt.

What do you mean by expedited embarkation? Is there a special check-in area for suite passengers? Does that mean that you don't have to plan your arrival to be early or late to "beat the crowd"? With regards to Shore Excursions, I can't see what advantage suite passengers have if an excursion is sold out. Won't most people have made their reservations ahead of time prior to the cruise?

Hi all,

I just got off the Island Princess RT to Hawaii from 2/25 to 3/12 and we were in a Vista Suite. The Internet Access was unlimited (don't know about future cruises). My partner and I used it a lot (since it was free) and it would have cost us over $500.00 normally (we're not Paltinum yet). Other perks included:

Free plate of canapes nightly (our choice)

Free unlimited laundry/dry-cleaning service

Free flowers in the room upon arrival

Free coursages for first formal night

Free champagne in the room upon arrival

Free use of DVD libary

Free initial bar set up

Priority Tendering

Complimentary use of the Thermal Suite in Lotus Spa

Upgarde linens, towels, bath amenities, robes & slippers

and lots more.

Jimd909 pretty much listed everything!

It was a wonderful experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Service was great! I'm planning our next trip already!

AliceJ

Where to you hear or see that free internet has been discontinued for suite guest.

I haven't heard or read this anywhere.

There have been several recent threads about the changes in internet fees. It seems that passengers who were previously offered unlimited internet access now only have the free access for a specified # of minutes.

This takes effect starting on our cruise the first week in April. I'll have a definate answer when I return as we are in a suite.

What does Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations mean to suite passengers?

Excellent question. Our experience (Caribbean Princess in December) was that you had to physically go to the maitre d' of the restaurant you wanted to dine in, identify yourself as a suite passenger, and then they would "work with you" (their words, not ours). If you try using the phone to make dining reservations, the suite perk doesn't work (at least it didn't for us).

You would think that they could train the phone reservation people - or have a separate suite passenger concierge or phone line, but at least on CB in December, they didn't.

Overall, process pretty cumbersome. However, with persistence on your part, you can do it.

I had a similar experience on the Caribbean Princess regarding an anytime dining reservation -- interesting that they still haven't got this figured out! I finally physically went down to the purser's desk WITH the suite book and showed them where it says ''preferred reservations''. Fortunately, I found an assistant purser who went the extra mile to get me what I wanted (and followed up!).

I agree whole-heartedly that there needs to be a separate concierge for the suite passengers, especially on the mega ships. You shouldn't have to get ''ugly'' with someone to get the perks as they are published!

There have been several recent threads about the changes in internet fees. It seems that passengers who were previously offered unlimited internet access now only have the free access for a specified # of minutes.

This takes effect starting on our cruise the first week in April. I'll have a definate answer when I return as we are in a suite.

I've read all the recent posts and news as well. However, I have not seen any mention of this change applying to suite ammenities. It was always in reference to Platinum/Elite status.

It doesn't really matter to me as I only plan to use it to check in for our flight before disembarkation. I'm always amazed at the number of people who spend so much time online while on a cruise, but that's another discussion that's been beaten to death.

What does Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations mean to suite passengers?
We were able to make reservations for 7:30 pm on the Coral Princess in January; this time is normally not available to reserve for anytime dining.

Make sure you specify "tuxedo strawberries" for your daily canape selection...they were wonderful, but the other selections were just OK.

We really enjoyed the suite perks, although the real advantage of having a suite is the cabin itself, with its larger balcony and wonderful bathroom.

the pillows were wonderful...we each asked for one of each.

have a great vacation...you will be spoiled for life:D

I've read all the recent posts and news as well. However, I have not seen any mention of this change applying to suite ammenities. It was always in reference to Platinum/Elite status.

It doesn't really matter to me as I only plan to use it to check in for our flight before disembarkation. I'm always amazed at the number of people who spend so much time online while on a cruise, but that's another discussion that's been beaten to death.

It may be that I equate the suite amenities with amenities available to platinum/elite - there seems to be some correlation. I certainly hope that I am wrong on this one - we sail on the Crown at the end of next week, so we will find out first hand!!

Believe me, if DH could be totally unplugged, we would throw an additional party on the ship to celebrate, but being the business owner, it's very hard for him to be totally unplugged. Last time he was totally away was on our honeymoon 11 years ago - and we were on safari in Africa!!!!

Will report back when we get back!!!

I was on the Sapphire Feb 28 to Mar 12 in Penthouse Suite. We got free laundry and Internet. If there was limit of minutes, I was unaware of that. I am not sure how many minutes I utilized since I knew I wasn't paying I really didn't pay too much attention. I would guess that I was on the INternet daily for 10-15 minutes at a time. We did not get priority reservations altho I will defer to the previous posters who went in person to speak with someone. Perhaps we could have done that but really didn't want to. We did not get dry cleaning and were given various explanations for that. I guess it would have been free if it had been available but there was no dry cleaning on the Sapphire on my trip. Others have disputed that but this is my experience. Priority embarkation was just ridiculous. We waited an hour in line with everyone else to get thru immigration. That being said, the suite was really nice. It is huge and the jacuzzi tub was heaven as was the big balcony. If you are going for the destination and want a really nice space to travel in, get a suite. Can't really speak to the "upgrades" in linens etc since this was my first time on Princess so I don't know what the regular ones are like.

We are on our first cruise with Princess in May and are in the Family Suite on the Golden. What level of suite benefits do we qualify for (if any) by being in this type of suite? I would appreciate any help. Princess personnel is not alot of help when responding to questions.

Here's what I found on Princess Web Site:

Passengers who choose to enjoy their Princess cruise from the luxury of its vessels' most exclusive accommodations will find their deluxe rooms full of extras to make their journey an even more comfortable experience -- from upgraded mattresses and linens, to special services and a welcoming glass of champagne.

To surround passengers with luxury even as they sleep, suites (and mini-suites) have been recently fitted with luxury mattresses and covered in plush 100 percent Egyptian cotton, high thread count bed linens and fluffy European-style duvets. Passengers can choose their perfect pillow from a menu featuring a variety of feather and therapeutic pillows. Suites also come equipped with massaging shower heads, luxurious towels and bathrobes, plus complimentary slippers. Suite passengers can enjoy their favorite movies and songs with an in-suite DVD/CD player, and borrow films from the ship's complimentary DVD library.

Enhanced toiletries, an illuminated vanity mirror, fresh flower arrangements, complimentary tote bag and a mini bar setup of fine liquors and soft drinks are just some of the other extras suite passengers enjoy on Princess ships. Deluxe canapés are delivered daily, and passengers can choose their favorites from a variety of hors d'oeuvres.

Suite passengers can take advantage of complimentary services and shipboard activities, including the spa's thermal suite, internet access in the Internet Cafe, dry cleaning, laundry and shoe polishing. On formal nights they'll receive a complimentary corsage and boutonniere to add some dash to their special attire. They can schedule a private portrait sitting with Princess' onboard photographers or enjoy afternoon tea served in the privacy of their own suite. In addition, suite passengers will enjoy expedited cruise embarkation and early disembarkation in all tender ports, with full privileges in the ship's Platinum disembarkation lounge.

The renowned Princess service is especially evident in suite accommodations. Passengers don't even need to worry about packing and unpacking, as they can request assistance from their suite steward. Reservations are a snap with preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations and personal shore excursion reservations. Guests can also choose from an extended room service menu, with extra options for breakfast and any of the day's dining room selections for lunch and dinner.

Naturally, suite passengers also enjoy some of the finest accommodations at sea. Newer ships feature an array of special facilities from marbled bathrooms to whirlpool baths. Many suites also include such luxurious features as walk-in closets, dining rooms and wet bars.

In total, suite passengers can look forward to the following amenities:

Suite Amenities:

In-Room Amenities:

• Luxury mattresses

• Luxury bathrobes

• Luxury towels

• Massage shower heads

• Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

• Facial mist (choice of scents)

• Complimentary slippers

• Fresh flower arrangement

• Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

• Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up

• Combined DVD/CD Players

• DVD Library - each vessel has a 100-title DVD library available to suite passengers

• Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity

• Upgraded room amenities, including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag

• Complimentary Princess tote bag

• Umbrella for use during the cruise

Services:

• Expedited embarkation process

• Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations

• Personal shore excursion reservations

• Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

• Complimentary shoe polishing service

Dining Services:

• Welcome glass of champagne at embarkation

• Extended room service menu (extended breakfast, lunch, dinner offering)

• In-suite afternoon tea service

• Passenger's choice of deluxe canapés, delivered daily

Onboard Activities:

• Complimentary internet access in onboard Internet Cafes (wireless internet connection not included).

• Private portrait sitting

• Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Caribbean Princess, Crown Princes, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess).

Passengers who travel in mini-suites will also enjoy the luxury of special bed linens, and upgraded amenities.

Mini-Suites -- In Room Amenities

• Luxury mattresses

• Luxury towels

• Glass of champagne at embarkation

• Upgraded bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion)

My friend Marie books suites on her cruises. I emailed her your info.

Thank you so much.

Suzy

Archived