Change Dining time?

Hi,

newbie here.... I will be going on my first cruise in May and I booked the "main" dinning option. Since I want to have more time on shore, I want to change my dinning option to the "late" one. How can I do it? Through TA or RCI? Thanks

If you booked through a TA, you need to request the change that way.

Check your itinerary before you make the change, though. Typically, the ship sails in the late afternoon or early evening, so you have to be back on board by 5pm, ship's time. You may not get any more time on shore by taking the late seating.

D

I know we felt that switching our seating to late did maximize our time onshore because we would come back on board with plenty of time to get ready, have a pre-dinner cocktail, etc. If we had opted for the earlier seating we would have either been rushed or would have had to come back from port sooner.

Us women need all the time to get ready we can get! :D

On my first RCCL cruise a few years ago I loved late seating as I'd get back on board and could relax in the hot tub which was pretty empty as so many were getting ready for dinner. I had time to relax in my cabin before dinner. AFter a couple of years with early seating, I had late seating a couple of weeks ago on AOS. I was exhausted... some of the shows were at 7 or 7:30 for late seating guests which didn't leave us much chill out time after returning to the ship. I guess my first trip didn't have as many early evening shows for late diners.

You can always see the maitre d' after you have boarded the ship. they are usually in front of the dining room on the first night for people who might want to change tables and/or times. We wanted to switch from late to main on our last cruise and he was able to help.

Another thing to consider is unless RCI is different than other lines, main seating almost always fills up and late seating has more openings. It may be easier to switch to late once you get on board, than to switch back if you change your mind.

Also, did you check compasses to see when the activities you want to go to are?

Where did you hear main seating was changing to 5:30? That is pretty early by most cruise ship standards, except for those going to AK from what I understand. Some returning passangers were posting their main seating was 6:15. Maybe it varies ship to ship.

Archived