Glory vs Triumph

hutt1

We would love to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise next year and aren't sure whether to take the Glory or the Triumph. The Triumph has more ports, but the Glory is newer. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

They both stop at St. Thomas and St. Maarten (my favorite port). Glory stops in Nassau and Triumph stops in San Juan.

The day in Nassau is on a Sunday, so stores and things aren't all open when the ship arrives. The stop in San Juan is from around 5 pm to midnight, so it's hard to do an island tour because it's dark and there's not a lot to see. Also, the one tour we wanted to do (rum factory tour) was closed that time. We stayed on board for San Juan.

I would rate both ships very close together, but I'd give a slight edge to Glory, only because it was my first cruise with a balcony. :D

They both stop at St. Thomas and St. Maarten (my favorite port). Glory stops in Nassau and Triumph stops in San Juan.

The day in Nassau is on a Sunday, so stores and things aren't all open when the ship arrives. The stop in San Juan is from around 5 pm to midnight, so it's hard to do an island tour because it's dark and there's not a lot to see. Also, the one tour we wanted to do (rum factory tour) was closed that time. We stayed on board for San Juan.

I would rate both ships very close together, but I'd give a slight edge to Glory, only because it was my first cruise with a balcony. :D

Actually, the Triumph's itinerary can vary. For example, we are going in October and will NOT be going to St. Maarten. We are, however, going to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. We will also be in San Juan during the day, leaving at 3:30 pm. I chose the Triumph based on this itinerary. I think it's awesome!!

On the March 1st 2008 cruise it says that the Triumph will be in San Juan From 7 am to 5 pm . It sounds like they are changing the itinerary.

I like the idea of sailing out of port Canaveral instead of Miami.

We would love to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise next year and aren't sure whether to take the Glory or the Triumph. The Triumph has more ports, but the Glory is newer. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

We have been on both ships and prefer the Glory:) , however, when deciding where to cruise, we pick our ship based on the itinerary. It would depend on what you like to do and where you would want to go. You can't go wrong with either ship. Have a great time:D .

I absolutely loved the Glory and will let you know next month how the Triumph compares. I am not one to notice much wear and tear, hey, I'm on vacation and looking to have a good time, not looking for something to complain about. Like everyone said, study the itinerary (even tho it can change after you book, ours did:) ) and decide which ports you would most like to see. I had originally booked Triumph because it only had 3 port days and I really wanted the extra sea day, but they changed it and gave us a "beach" day instead. I'm happy:D

You're right, ours is the 1st itinerary change. And yes, my balcony is almost the same price as a suite. Unbelivable:eek: I was a little bummed about the change at 1st, really wanted to see St Maarten. But have since got really pumped about our "beach days". I want to relax on this trip. And it's almost here. :D

Archived