SS on Galaxy

Donnaluv2cruise

Some people feel that they get a better view with the cut in verandas. We have had both and they are equally enjoyable. Wouldn't say that one is better than the other. The large verandas are great to have and definitely worth the money.

We're about ready to put a deposit down, and I noticed some people saying they preferred the cut in verandas as opposed to the square ones. Can someone tell me why?:confused:

We were on the Celebrity Galaxy Jan 12. Would not go on Celebrity again. They were redoing the pool deck with grinding, noise, smell (they had on masks). There reply to us when we wrote (they agreed it was not acceptible) was that they apologize for the inconvenience that the construction affected their guest time onboard the ship. They did NOTHING for any of the guests and are not doing anything for their guests at this time. Shame on them!!

Roberta and Joel

We're about ready to put a deposit down, and I noticed some people saying they preferred the cut in verandas as opposed to the square ones. Can someone tell me why?:confused:

Donna, we've been on Galaxy 3 times. We've had SS 1203, 1212 and most recently 1202. 1212 has a cut looking forward. 1203 and 1202 are full sized. I would take the full size veranda every time. Yes, you can look forward better when on the verandas with the cut, but I love the full size ones.

I'm sorry Warmandhot had a bad experience. We just got off Galaxy one week ago today and all of the pool work has been completed and it's beautiful.

Reklawr, We're in SS 1202 May 1st for the T/A and then continuing on for the 7 day Greek Island. Received our docs so now we can really start getting excited. Glad to hear you enjoyed SS 1202 and the large balcony since we'll be in there for three weeks! Did you hide anything for us?

Thanks. Carole

Just got off Galaxy and had SS1218. It had the cutout but a small one. The cabin next to us had a smaller balcony. I believe it was 1220. The full one is great but we had a party for 6 on ours and it was very roomy. Elvis was our butler and he was fantastic. The whole ship was in great shape. Anyone who sails her should be very pleased.

So this is the first time we've actually booked a suite. When we went on The Constellation the "upgrade fairy" visited and we got a Sky Suite. The thing is- we didn't know what to expect since we hadn't planned on it.

So if we decided to have a little party on our veranda, what exactly will the butler do for us? How long ahead do we have to let him know? And where do you get the booze to serve, from room service?

Donna, we've been on Galaxy 3 times. We've had SS 1203, 1212 and most recently 1202. 1212 has a cut looking forward. 1203 and 1202 are full sized. I would take the full size veranda every time. Yes, you can look forward better when on the verandas with the cut, but I love the full size ones.

I'm sorry Warmandhot had a bad experience. We just got off Galaxy one week ago today and all of the pool work has been completed and it's beautiful.

Hi Roy:) you had asked about Mercury and now I am

asking you about Galaxy. I will be sailing her for the first

time NEXT March! We are opposite..I have been on Mercury 3 times.

How is the Martini Bar?:D I am not in a suite but booked

up on that deck, cabin 1242. Looks good...the other cabins

near me are all suites so I bet the service up there

is EXTRA Special;)

Donna, when are you cruising?

Reklawr, We're in SS 1202 May 1st for the T/A and then continuing on for the 7 day Greek Island. Received our docs so now we can really start getting excited. Glad to hear you enjoyed SS 1202 and the large balcony since we'll be in there for three weeks! Did you hide anything for us?

Thanks. Carole

Carol, I left my heart on Galaxy. She a wonderful ship and with all of the improvements and fix-ups going on she is much nicer now than when we sailed on her the first two times. 1202 is great cabin and a very nice location.

Hi Roy:) you had asked about Mercury and now I am

asking you about Galaxy. I will be sailing her for the first

time NEXT March! We are opposite..I have been on Mercury 3 times.

How is the Martini Bar?:D I am not in a suite but booked

up on that deck, cabin 1242. Looks good...the other cabins

near me are all suites so I bet the service up there

is EXTRA Special;)

Donna, when are you cruising?

Lois, The sky deck is a nice quite deck. A whole lot less traffic on 12 than the other decks. The location of 1242 makes it VERY easy to get to the Oasis cafe and down to the Orion for dinner.

ALSO, on another thread, I responded to an earlier message of yours regarding the Martini Bar on Galaxy. The Martini Bar is on Deck 5 not on the entertainment deck next to the Savoy. The Celebrity Brochure erroneously has the Martini Bar labeled the Champagne bar. No one uses the bar next to the Savoy. The MB is on deck 5 where the brochure says is the champagne bar.

Archived