Questions for US residents-Alaska Cruise-documents

pete_22_88

Does anyone knows if a US resident (non US citizen) can travel doing the Alaska cruise using only a green card?

I am from El Salvador, have no passport from my country. I only have my green card and driver's license. The cruise I'm planning to take does not stop in Canada at all (it only stops in Alaskan points). Though it stops for an hour or so at a Canadian point after the first 7 days (14 day total). I dont have a Salvadorian passport and would like to know if someone has run across a situation similar to mine

Thank you

Pete

Pete: As a resident alien you must keep your home country passport valid.

All Celebrity sailings include Canada. Additionally, Canada may require a Visa for those hailing from El Salavador.

I'd get to my nearest consulate and get a passport right away.

Without proper documentation, you will be denied boarding and no refunds issued.

We sailed from LA to Hawaii and back and were required to have passports as the ship stopped for about half an hour in Mexico. All ships that are not US flagged must stop in a foriegn port as per the "Jones Act" Dispite the fact that no one left the ship in Mexico, we were deemed to have 'Left the country' and had to go thuru Customes upon our return.

Does anyone knows if a US resident (non US citizen) can travel doing the Alaska cruise using only a green card?

I am from El Salvador, have no passport from my country. I only have my green card and driver's license. The cruise I'm planning to take does not stop in Canada at all (it only stops in Alaskan points). Though it stops for an hour or so at a Canadian point after the first 7 days (14 day total). I dont have a Salvadorian passport and would like to know if someone has run across a situation similar to mine

Thank you

Pete

First you say it does not stop in Canada and then the following sentence mentions that it does. All foreign flagged vessels sailing to or from the US must stop at a foreign port.

For the record, Canada will require a valid passport from you. I am not sure whether Canada will require a visa from you. The only thing the Green Card is good for is for entering/returning back to the US.

Archived