Cruisemail address?

vowsatsea

I just received my e-docs for my May cruise, and on the ticket it says.."Your cruisemail address:" and it's my first initial, my last name and my cabin # @dawn.cruisemail.net. What is this for, and even if I were to use it, how do I access it?

If you need to stay in contact with someone via email, you can use the computers in the internet cafe. We have family that I like to check in with, but we learned our lesson and don't use the "seamail' address. You can use any email address that you can access via the internet (we just use our normal Yahoo one) and it will end up being significantly cheaper than the seamail one. There's a cost to set it up and activate it, and an additional cost each time you send an email. If I remember, it was $3.95 per time -- but I may be off on that cost.

If you need to stay in contact with someone via email, you can use the computers in the internet cafe. We have family that I like to check in with, but we learned our lesson and don't use the "seamail' address. You can use any email address that you can access via the internet (we just use our normal Yahoo one) and it will end up being significantly cheaper than the seamail one. There's a cost to set it up and activate it, and an additional cost each time you send an email. If I remember, it was $3.95 per time -- but I may be off on that cost.

I agree!

Use your email address that you use at home!

Much easier and cheaper;)

Purchase your minutes the first time you use the ship internet...ship internet slow:( allow for that!

Heck, as I remember, even your cell phone is comparable to the ship email service. AND, you know you will get the call vs maybe getting the email.

And, before anyone starts ANOTHER thread about cell phones, scroll through the active postings for the past week to read all about that. Or do a search.

Heck, as I remember, even your cell phone is comparable to the ship email service. AND, you know you will get the call vs maybe getting the email.

And, before anyone starts ANOTHER thread about cell phones, scroll through the active postings for the past week to read all about that. Or do a search.

Good point BUT cell phones did NOT work when we returned in the N'easter....nor the ship phones!

always have a back-up plan;)

Ok, folks, I just got a new cell phone yesterday (I have Verizon service), and for $9.99 per month, you can have e-mail service linked to your phone. You can also obtain the service thru' Verizon on a daily basis. I asked the Verizon rep if I can just purchase it for the 1 month when we travel to Hawaii, and he assured me I can, and after returning, can discontinue it. You are charged your air time while on the internet. Be aware of the fact that I would not do this or use my cell phone at all while at sea; however, in looking at the Verizon coverage map, it appears as though there is coverage on the various islands. Verizon will give you a trial basis of 15-30 days (on a new contract) to see if you like the service. I'll let you know how it works. This is just another option.

Ok, folks, I just got a new cell phone yesterday (I have Verizon service), and for $9.99 per month, you can have e-mail service linked to your phone. You can also obtain the service thru' Verizon on a daily basis. I asked the Verizon rep if I can just purchase it for the 1 month when we travel to Hawaii, and he assured me I can, and after returning, can discontinue it. You are charged your air time while on the internet. Be aware of the fact that I would not do this or use my cell phone at all while at sea; however, in looking at the Verizon coverage map, it appears as though there is coverage on the various islands. Verizon will give you a trial basis of 15-30 days (on a new contract) to see if you like the service. I'll let you know how it works. This is just another option.

Good info., thanks!

And...how would they handle a N'easter:confused:

Archived