I'm SORRY, I'm new at this.......

Lynzchat

Hello there!

WOW, I didn't realize these boards were here! I've been using cruisecritic for a few months, and never realized there were message boards. Since this is my first post, and I've read all the announcements, can someone tell me if it's ok to post about a TA? I just need to know if anyone has used them and if they are reputable? It's off the internet, and when it comes to thousands of dollars, I'm a bit hesitant, but their pricing is good. Thanks so much for any help!

:D

Not positive I have this right, but mentioning TA's by name, or requesting info about a certain TA or 'site', or the name of a certain TA is not policy on the boards. The problem that exists, is that TA's could actually post on the boards recommending other TA's, their respective agency, or promoting their own services. It doesn't seem right, as this is information we could all benefit from, but a few 'bad apples' out there have caused the policy to be made in the first place.
Happy cruising, and welcome to the boards... :)

you can use names of agencies--not names of an agent.

If the price sounds good--ask these questions to the agent-

Will you honor price reductions up til sailing. (if the price comes down even the day before sailing what will they give you- some will give you your money back--some will offer cabin creidt for less the half of what the cruise came down)

If you decide to cancel the cruise--how much will it cost you- some agents will charge you 50 bucks per person PLUS whatever the cruise lines charge. Most cruiselines dont charge anything unil final payment comes due- then you start losing money.

Do they charge you a fee for sending you the documents? I have read some companies charge up to 50pp for these documents.

Do they charge you to make any changin gin your booking. If you want to change from a double because someone else wants to go so youneed to add another perosn in your cabin....

Bottom line--if it sounds cheap and they charge for all the above--go elsewhere since in thelong run it wont work out in your favor.

Archived