Juneau Helicopter tours....comparison shop

SakeDad

OK...I have FINALLY written down all the helicopter tours air/glacier times and prices so I and others can find the "best" Juneau helicopter tours to suit each person. These are not meant to say one is BETTER than the others as I have not taken them yet (although I have already booked and will NOT say with who in THIS thread) If you have PRICE AND TIME info for these or other tours in Jeneau please feel free to add them.....BUT NOT TRIP OR TOUR REVIEWS!!! I feel there are other threads for that here, this one is for price and times ONLY!!!

Here goes: (these are the tours I have found either through HAL or the internet as of 3/23/07 and I'm looking for tours for 5/23/07, if anyone has additional prices or trip time info please feel free to add to this thread....the more FACTS (not reviews) the better)

ERA - Four Glaciers (one landing) 40 mins air time + 15-20 mins glacier time = $254

Temesco - Has two tours...they are:

50 min air time + 2 glacier landing of 15 min each = $349 OR

30 min air time + 1 glacier landing of 20-25 min = $219

Coastal - Has two tours.....

55 min air time and 15-20 minutes on glacier = $335

23 min air time and 15-20 minutes on glacier = $199

HAL - Offers the same as Temsco 50min tour for $399 ($50.00 more for knowing if you are late the ship won't leave you! not a bad thing)

Thanks for doing the initial review work. We will be on the Oosterdam in June and I was looking into a helicopter tour. My husband and I are more interested in a tour that has air time as opposed to time trekking on the glacier and the descriptions on the hal site certainly appear to have a lot of ground time. I would be happy with a 10 minute photo op on the glacier and 50 minutes flying if I could find a reliable tour operator doing this.

vickie in phoenix

Thanks for doing the initial review work. We will be on the Oosterdam in June and I was looking into a helicopter tour. My husband and I are more interested in a tour that has air time as opposed to time trekking on the glacier and the descriptions on the hal site certainly appear to have a lot of ground time. I would be happy with a 10 minute photo op on the glacier and 50 minutes flying if I could find a reliable tour operator doing this.

vickie in phoenix

All the operators are reliable and long standing. The single glacier landings allow 20-40 mins on the glacier. Sometimes the independents give you a little more time. If you want more flight time, book longer tours. :)

Another operator: Northstar Trekking (http://www.northstartrekking.com/glacier_tour_descriptions.htm)

Level 1: Helicopter Glacier Walkabout--$309

"Approximately 3 ¼ hours including transportation to and from the heliport, safety briefing and gearing up, 30-35 minutes of helicopter flight time and a 1-hour walk on the glacier."

Level 2: Helicopter Glacier Trek-- $359

"Approximately 4 ¼ hours including transportation to and from the heliport, safety briefing and gearing up, 30-35 minutes of helicopter flight time and a 2-hour hike on the glacier."

Level 3: The "X-Trek"-- $459

"Approximately 5 ¼ hours including transportation to and from the heliport, safety briefing and gearing up, 30-35 minutes of flight time and a 3 hour hike on the glacier. "

Archived