Surfside, FL

djo631

Has anyone been to or lives near Surfside, FL??? My family and I are going to stay at the Solara the night before the cruise!

I'd like to know if there is anything nearby to do and if there are any good places to eat near there.

Also if anyone has info on the Solara, that info would also be appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at a Best Western in Bal Harbour a year and a half ago which is very close to Surfside. Flannigans restaurant was fabulous for our family of five, great specials on food and drinks, great food, fun atmosphere. Publix just down the street for picking up items pre-cruise. Within walking distance of the exclusive Bal Harbour Mall full of exclusive boutiques, bring your credit card with a high limit! :-) Hope this helps a bit.

We stayed at the Solara three nights post cruise at the beginning of March. It was a nice place...nothing super fancy but clean and pleasant. I will vouch for Flannigan's also! Very good food and reasonably priced. We also ate at a Mexican restaurant south of the Solara...can't remember the name but they have info on it at the concierge desk. Very good food and the Marguerita's were the best I've ever had. Don't fall for the free Limo ride to a South Beach Italian restaurant. Yes, the Limo ride is free but the restaurant is super expensive for what it is. They have prices on their literature that seem very reasonable but if you read the fine print...which we did after we got back :( ...they are lunch prices. We also went out semi-deep sea fishing for around $25 pp from a harbor north of the Solara. The boat will hold 30-40 people but on the day we went there were only around 12-14 people. Lots of fun but rough seas and no fish that day!

Has anyone been to or lives near Surfside, FL??? My family and I are going to stay at the Solara the night before the cruise!

I'd like to know if there is anything nearby to do and if there are any good places to eat near there.

Also if anyone has info on the Solara, that info would also be appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

My favorite restaurant anywhere, Wolfie Cohen's Rascal House is on the corner of 172nd and Collins Avenue. Huge portions, fantastic food and the best Black & Whites in Miami.

Archived