FCC Experts - is Princess correct?

CruiseNut7

I know there is plenty of info about using Future Cruise Credits on this board, but here is my situation and need your advice/opinion. We leave in a week, so I want this ironed out with Princess before sailing.

When my SO and I were on the Golden last year, we bought 2 FCC's each. Then decided to book the Carribbean Princess with my son and DIL who have never sailed with Princess.

Princess required us to use both of our FCC's for each cabin - so, for two mini-suites we had to use 4 FCC's.

CONCLUSION: After checking with Princess today, our shipboard credit is $100 per cabin total or $50 pp. I thought we would receive $200 shipboard credit per cabin since we used 2 FCC's for each mini-suite.

QUESTION: Is Princess correct?

Thanks for any help - it's appreciated! :)

Princess is correct, that you do not get double Shipboard Credit just because you used 2 FCC's per cabin. You would get the same credit whether you used one or two per cabin.

What I don't understand is why they made you use 2 FCC's per cabin, you should have only needed one for very two passengers??????????? It is stated right on the bottom of the FCC that it is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. So, I would question this fact more so then the shipboard credit issue.

Unfortunately you will get a different answer every time you ask a question when you call Princess. My suggestion would be to ask for a supervisor and make your call during the week. It's been my experience to have much better results doing that. I believe Your shipboard credit is figured on the type of cabin you select and the length of the cruise.

On an individual $100 FCC coupon Princess says:

Length of Cruise 7-9 days

Inside $25 per person

Outside $50 per person

Length of Cruise 10-15 days

Inside $75 per person

Outside $100 per person

Length of Cruise 16 + days

Inside $125 per person

Outside $150 per person.

On an upcoming Emerald cruise I applied two $100 credits, one from me and one from my dear wife and got a $250 per cabin shipboard credit. $200 of my $250, says Princess, came from the two FCCs. In other words I got a $100 cabin credit for each FCC used plus each FCC was applied as a deposit against the cost of the cruise..

Princess is correct, that you do not get double Shipboard Credit just because you used 2 FCC's per cabin. You would get the same credit whether you used one or two per cabin.

What I don't understand is why they made you use 2 FCC's per cabin, you should have only needed one for very two passengers??????????? It is stated right on the bottom of the FCC that it is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. So, I would question this fact more so then the shipboard credit issue.

The only way he could have used just one FCC when he booked was to pay the missing $100 for the other passenger in cash at the time of booking.

I know there is plenty of info about using Future Cruise Credits on this board, but here is my situation and need your advice/opinion. We leave in a week, so I want this ironed out with Princess before sailing.

When my SO and I were on the Golden last year, we bought 2 FCC's each. Then decided to book the Carribbean Princess with my son and DIL who have never sailed with Princess.

Princess required us to use both of our FCC's for each cabin - so, for two mini-suites we had to use 4 FCC's.

CONCLUSION: After checking with Princess today, our shipboard credit is $100 per cabin total or $50 pp. I thought we would receive $200 shipboard credit per cabin since we used 2 FCC's for each mini-suite.

QUESTION: Is Princess correct?

Thanks for any help - it's appreciated! :)

Yes, Princess is correct.

The only way he could have used just one FCC when he booked was to pay the missing $100 for the other passenger in cash at the time of booking.

This is also correct, though this one is what confuses most people.

If you ask an onboard sale rep or most Princess reps how many FCCs are needed to hold a booking, they'd tell you $100 each person. They always want a married couple to EACH have one.

The real answer though is that it only truly takes ONE FCC to give the booking the magical shipboard credit code. However, every passenger needs to be deposited so if you use only one FCC, you have to put $100 down for the second person with a credit card. Just like w0kie said.

Cheers!

The real answer though is that it only truly takes ONE FCC to give the booking the magical shipboard credit code. However, every passenger needs to be deposited so if you use only one FCC, you have to put $100 down for the second person with a credit card. Just like w0kie said.

Cheers!

Does this mean that if you only use ONE FCC per cabin and pay the second deposit in cash you would still get the OBC for both people in the cabin or just the one that used the FCC????

Does this mean that if you only use ONE FCC per cabin and pay the second deposit in cash you would still get the OBC for both people in the cabin or just the one that used the FCC????

Yes, you get the OBCs for both.

I was told that Princess didn't always enforce that second $100 cash deposit for the second person but Princess COULD cancel the booking for the second person for non deposit payment at any time. Cancellation was always a crap shoot prior to full payment in the missing deposit situation I heard.

I agree, if you use one FCC for two passengers, the second $100 deposit must be paid at time of booking. What I do not understand is why Princess said you needed two FCC's for each couple. We have always used only one, paid the $100 deposit for the other and both gotten the OBC just AS IF we used two FCC's for the booking????????????

Diane, did you book directly through Princess or a TA? It doesn't make sense to me that you were required to use two FCCs, one each, to book the cabin. The others are right in that you only need to use one and then pay $100 for the 2nd person.

Every time I have used a FCC I have used only one for 2 people in the cabin. The initial payment of the $100 for the FCC is the deposit for the first person in the cabin. When I choose and book my cruise I pay another $100 as the deposit for the second person in the cabin. We both receive the onboard credit. I have never had a problem doing this. The future cruise consultant onboard always tells me I need to buy 2 FCCs...DUH !!

If you go ahead and book an actual sailing while onboard I suspect you would have to pay $200.00 to cover the deposit at that time.

Until I read this thread I have never heard of anyone successfully doubling their onboard credit by using 2 FCCs. Interesting!

Thanks to all for your help - it makes a little more sense to me now. So, we should have used ONE FCC per cabin and paid $100 deposit for the second person. Then, both would receive the SBC.

Hopefully that's the way I will be able to book in the future as I'll be purchasing a few more FCC's when I'm onboard next week. We booked with a TA and I'm going to share these details with him as well - it's all a learning experience.

Again, thanks for all your CC wisdom - PAST PRINCESS PASSENGERS are the best! ;)

Until I read this thread I have never heard of anyone successfully doubling their onboard credit by using 2 FCCs. Interesting!

You don't get double credits for using two open-booking numbers to reserve a cruise. It's the same whether you use just one, or two.

Last year on our first Princess cruise we went and purchased 2 FCC's - 1 in each of our names. We are now set for 2 future cruises.

The Future Cruise consultant onboard when I was filling out the form, was selling the product as you need to purchase two instead of using 1 and then paying $100 deposit for the other person when you do book. I already knew we could just purchase 1 from reading the boards here which was a great tip.

Julia

Archived