Pool Water Question

txsmiles

OK, I know I should know the answers to these questions... but it has been years since we've been on a cruise and my DH & I have conflicting memories (and we aren't even [i]that[/i] old!) sooooo....

1. Are the pools salt water or fresh water (this trip will be on Elation)
2. How about the hot tubs?
3. Is the pool open the afternoon we board (i.e. can we swim before leaving port? Can we enjoy our "drink of the day" from the hot tub during sailaway?)
4. Do they somehow empty & refill the pools during the trip?

Appreciate the refresher!

[quote name='txsmiles']OK, I know I should know the answers to these questions... but it has been years since we've been on a cruise and my DH & I have conflicting memories (and we aren't even [i]that[/i] old!) sooooo....

1. Are the pools salt water or fresh water (this trip will be on Elation)
2. How about the hot tubs?
3. Is the pool open the afternoon we board (i.e. can we swim before leaving port? Can we enjoy our "drink of the day" from the hot tub during sailaway?)
4. Do they somehow empty & refill the pools during the trip?

Appreciate the refresher![/QUOTE]
1. As far as I know, all pools on Carnival ships are salt water.
2. I think the hot tubs are fresh water.
3. The hot tubs on the Conquest were open before sailaway, but the pools were not open until the next day. However, you were not supposed to have a drink in the pool or hot tub. This was one of the "pool" rules that was actually enforced.
4. The pools are emptied each night and refilled with "fresh" sea water.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]To answer your questions: pools and hot tubs have salt water (although it has been treated), on our recent Jubilee cruise the pools and hot tubs were open when we boarded, I was surprised at this though, I thought they didn't usually open until after sailing. I did notice the pool was emptied one night, don't know how often they do this.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

Yup, the pools are salt water and emptied/refilled... even if you could have a drink in the hot tub, good luck finding a place in it!!!! You may have to fight off 44 kids that will be crammed into it :D Never saw a single time when it was not FILLED with kids, like sitting on top of each other filled...

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Yup, the pools are salt water and emptied/refilled... even if you could have a drink in the hot tub, good luck finding a place in it!!!! You may have to fight off 44 kids that will be crammed into it :D Never saw a single time when it was not FILLED with kids, like sitting on top of each other filled...[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping that we won't encounter too many kids... we are sailing in mid-January. I'll be really disapointed if we can't get near the hot tubs. We've got great memories of sailing out of port multiple evenings on our Costa Cruise, enjoying the view from the aft hot tub with "drink of the day" in hand! (plastic glasses, for safety, but not prohibited - as a matter of fact, by the third night our waiter knew when to meet us & our group of "new found friends" with drinks for all!)

Archived