Quick question re: online check-in

SleepingUgly

OK, so we are sailing on Monday. We've received our e-docs and have gone online to check in. We've printed our boarding passes. Is that ALL we have to do? Or is there something else?

Of course, we have our passports ready as well, along with copies of the passports to take ashore with us. But is there anything else re: document preparation for boarding the ship, or have we done everything?

Thanks!

Linda

Should we always take a copy of our passport when we leave the ship for an excursion. Several x's I was told to take my 'passport' and other times was told just my seapass card. When in San Juan once a woman & her two kids were held up almost 2 hrs. because they didn't have their passport with them to reboard the ship. So does just a copy of it surfice? Hate to carry my passport in case I lose it or it gets stolen. What do most take off the ship with them other than the seapass card.

You'll hear opinions both ways but my feeling is, if something happened that I missed the ship or for some other reason had to fly home from a foreign port, they would NOT accept a copy of my passport. I always carry mine but the decision is yours.

Hi,

We're on a B2B coming up. I plan to do the on-line checkin for the first cruise. Do I do the second cruise also before we leave home?

Melissa

Hi Melissa !

You should be able to, as you will have to check in a second time. However, I did a B2B last year on Century, and Celebrity's computer system treats B2B's differently, and sometimes things do not work as expected.

I would say give it a try. Please let us know what happens.

Should we always take a copy of our passport when we leave the ship for an excursion. Several x's I was told to take my 'passport' and other times was told just my seapass card. When in San Juan once a woman & her two kids were held up almost 2 hrs. because they didn't have their passport with them to reboard the ship. So does just a copy of it surfice? Hate to carry my passport in case I lose it or it gets stolen. What do most take off the ship with them other than the seapass card.

Just to be on the safe side I always take a copy of my passport.

meyer4two,

When going ashore in a port of call, any official photo identification (a driver's license, voter registration card, etc.) is adequate. Back in the good old days, a seapass card was sufficient because the ship has your photo in the computer system, which displays it automatically on the security staff's console when you return aboard. Alas, concerns that terrorists might try to attack a cruise ship have caused port authorities to tighten security on the pier. The port authorities do not have access to the ship's computers, so they require official identification with your photo and a name that matches the name on the Seapass card.

Norm.

We have done things both ways also, 2004 Baltic on Norwegian, which included St Petersburg, you had to clear immigration with passport in hand, but the daily ship newsletter gave specific instructions, and the line arranged group visa if you were on an organized excursion, here is one example where the ship's shorex is a good idea.

Last year in Eastern Med On Celeb Galaxy, they took our passports at the start and kept them the entire voyage. We are on Constellation transatlantic in April, and are leaving the ship one port early, I'm not going to allow them to take our passports this time, can you just imagine getting ready to leave and can't get your passport back?

I will, from now on though, take photo copies while ashore. Thanks for the post.

I'll let you know how it goes. DIdn't you just get back from Century. Have you submitted your review yet?

Do you think the menu is going to change after March 31?

Melissa

Hi Melissa !

I was on Century in late January for 1 1/2 days. Mom had a terrible accident onboard, and we had to leave the ship during the sailing. We had no Cruise to speak of, so there was no review. I did a very favorable review of Century from our November sailing.

I was supposed to be on Constellation this week, but we had to Cancel, as Mom is not nearly able to Cruise yet. As the Caribbean season is over.... I probably wont be on another Cruise until November. At least, I HOPE I will ! Everything is up in the air right now.

As for the Menus on Century.... Floris reported they are testing some new Menus on Millennium this week, but I dont think they plan any major changes until they see how the feedback from this test goes.

I remember reading about your shortened trip. I hope you mom is doing better. I'm leaving tonight for the caribbean - it's not over yet!!

:p

Hi Melissa !

I know its not quite over yet..... but it is near the very end of the season. Have a GREAT time !

Host Andy,

[quote name="You"I was on Century in late January for 1 1/2 days. Mom had a terrible accident onboard, and we had to leave the ship during the sailing. We had no Cruise to speak of, so there was no review. I did a very favorable review of Century from our November sailing.

I was supposed to be on Constellation this week, but we had to Cancel, as Mom is not nearly able to Cruise yet. As the Caribbean season is over.... I probably wont be on another Cruise until November. At least, I HOPE I will ! Everything is up in the air right now.

As for the Menus on Century.... Floris reported they are testing some new Menus on Millennium this week, but I dont think they plan any major changes until they see how the feedback from this test goes.[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your Mom's accident. I hope that she is on the way to recovery!

But why not a cruise to Europe or to Alaska during the summer season? Both destinations really are gr8!

Norm.

Archived