Ncl Soda Cards Beware!

M&MCruisin

Hi....

I have a question. Is the juice that is available in a fountain, where you can serve yourself? I took a Carnival cruise a few years ago, and I brought a big sipper bottle and filled it up myself.

Can you have juice in the dining room? How is the iced tea, and do they have sweet N low?

Thanks

Hi....

I have a question. Is the juice that is available in a fountain, where you can serve yourself? I took a Carnival cruise a few years ago, and I brought a big sipper bottle and filled it up myself.

Can you have juice in the dining room? How is the iced tea, and do they have sweet N low?

Thanks

sweet & low of some sweetener, Yes, ice tea, yes, juice unfortunitely no: I don't know how many lines have juice all day anymore, I know NCL and HAL do not. We would just grab a couple of glasses at breakfast and bring them back to our cabin. Then we would have juice for the day, if we needed iit or just wanted a sip here and there. I am almost certain Celebrity doesn't offer it all day either.

There was a post in this thread saying juice was available all day in the buffet....I thought??

For those that make Crystal Light etc in your cabin, what water do you use?

It may be, but I haven't noticed it, as for Crystal, we just use the tap water. NMnita

So if I prepay for a teen passport smoothie card, and it is already paid for ahead of time, would they card me when I went to get the smoothies/pop? Would it be sent to me by mail (or even the unlimited pop card) before hand, or would it be in my room on the ship?

I called and ordered two "adult soda packages" at $5.75 per person per day, so that should have been $40.25 each, right? When I got the e-mail confirmation it was $60.38 per person x 2 or $120!!!!! What the ?? So I tried to call them today, and initially was told the $5.75 was for a five-day cruise, and I disagreed, saying the NCL website says "per day", period. Then the guy put me on hold for more than 10 minutes and I had to hang up. I am going to have to call back when I have more time and ask for a supervisor.....:mad:

My son got that call today too, the card will cost $60.38 for 7 days. Ridiculous. I'll get him a teen passport like his sisters and he'll just have to figure it out from there.

:D

You can save the soda fee by taking your wife and kids to Beaches Turks for 8 days including meals drinks and all sports for aprox. $6,000.00!!!

Why cruise the Not Caring Lince NCL!!!!:eek:

I've seen you mention this before. If you work for Beaches, as you certainly aren't here to find information on cruising with your negative, odd posts, you are doing them no favors.:rolleyes:

The adult soda card price states $8.63 per day. Check out the NCL website under MORE then BON VOYAGE GIFTS. I wondered if this was just pre cruise purchase' date=' but when you do the math...........perhaps it is why the OP was charged what he was.(Pre "autogratuity")[/quote']

Interesting. Where did you find the $8.63 per day? They must have changed it after this debate and all the complaints on our sailing because the NCL site did say $5.95 per day and all other sailings before ours were charged the $5.95. Also, after this first posted, others went to Bon Voyage Gifts and bought themselves soda cards for the $5.95 per day just to be safe.

This thread has a whole new meaning now if they now officially jacked up the price. Talk about Soda Cards Beware!:eek:

The $8.63 for the 9 day does work out to about what I paid on my cruise so its interesting that they changed it. Thats an insane amount of money for soda.

Thanks for the update Hooked on cruisin!

Also, after this first posted, others went to Bon Voyage Gifts and bought themselves soda cards for the $5.95 per day just to be safe.

Well they're not safe, unless they got in during the 10 minute window. I ordered the soda card "to be safe" and got a phone call friday asking me to authorize the new charge of $60+. Yeah, right. :mad: $8.63/day for a 7 day cruise.

That is a definate no soda card for us now. I will bring my own for the room and buy it on board This is so stupid, We just want to enjoy our trip and not have to worry about this stupid detail it should be included for adults. Kids will be flying around the room on a caffiene fix lol

lauren

That is a definate no soda card for us now. I will bring my own for the room and buy it on board This is so stupid, We just want to enjoy our trip and not have to worry about this stupid detail it should be included for adults. Kids will be flying around the room on a caffiene fix lol

lauren

That's kind of how I feel. I'm not a soda addict. I'll bring some on with us or buy a couple a day. I can't justify the expense of an adult card. The kids' band is too good to pass up. :)

We just got back from a 7-day, and it was 40.25. That comes to 32 sodas. For my husband it was worth it, but not for me, so I payed a la carte. Just be sure to do the math so you know if you will drink that many cokes! I bet a LOT of people don't end up drinking that many!

We got soda card for $40.25, no 15% or tax added...purchased it 3 weeks before our 4/1 Sun cruise from New Orleans. Only bought one, as DH drinks more diet soda than I do. I just bought a couple and it was not worth it to buy two of them....

I only drink Diet Rite if it's late in the day or evening, so I bring a six pack of them for my cabin frig. too.

:D

You can save the soda fee by taking your wife and kids to Beaches Turks for 8 days including meals drinks and all sports for aprox. $6,000.00!!!

Why cruise the Not Caring Lince NCL!!!!:eek:

Just a tad bit bitter there??:rolleyes:

Are you charged for sodas served with meals in the dining rooms?

Yes, you are charged for your sodas in the dining room. The giant price increase in the soda cards came as a shock to me too. I paid over $500 for 6 cards for 11 days. With the kids it was still worth it but I was suprised.

Are you charged for sodas served with meals in the dining rooms?

Yes, all soda is a charge. For meals you can get water or iced tea. Also cappachino or espresso after dinner at no cost. But the coffee's are only free in the restaurant, if you order from a waiter or at the coffee bar, there is a charge.

Definitely do the math. Someone else posted that $40.25 for a soda card is 32 sodas. I don't think you can get 32 sodas anywhere for $40.25 much less a cruise ship. Count on $2 if you're buying a la carte. At the old price of about $40 that's 20 sodas or around 3 a day. :)

Definitely do the math. Someone else posted that $40.25 for a soda card is 32 sodas. I don't think you can get 32 sodas anywhere for $40.25 much less a cruise ship. Count on $2 if you're buying a la carte. At the old price of about $40 that's 20 sodas or around 3 a day. :)

It's not $40, it's $60. That's a $20 increase in one fell swoop.