Venice Pre-Cruise Hotel for 4

Hi! Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You don't say when you'll be traveling. If it's not too soon, you'll likely find more options than if it is within the next couple of months.

If you want a room for two adults and two kids, you need to look for a hotel with "quads". Europe is unlike the US, where you frequently get a choice between a room with a king or two doubles for more or less the same price.

We travel with our two children, and the hotels charge by the person, not the room (although, in fairness, quad rooms are generally larger than doubles).

I have been frustrated trying to book through on-line agencies, as frequently the search erroneously returns no rooms available for four. What I do is identify some hotels in area(s) I am interested in via the reviews on TripAdvisor.com and Venere.com, then e-mail them directly. Some don't reply, some aren't available, some offer rates. Then, I decide. If you have a hard time finding direct contact e-mail info, try searching for the hotel via Virgilio.com. It's Italy's version of Google, and while it's in Italian, it's easy to follow the prompts.

We're booked in the Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo in (pinch me!) two weeks, but I booked it a year ago.

At the same time, I was undecided about a hotel in Rome, and didn't book that until a couple of months ago.

Good luck! Happy travels!!

KentuckyTraveler,

We also had a hard time finding reasonable accommodations for my family of 4 for our pre-cruise stay this coming June. We ended up booking Corte Grimani apartments which is currently rated #3 on TripAdvisor's hotel list for Venice. The amount of space is tremendous and the reviews are extremely good. Here are links:

Corte Grimani official webpage

TripAdvisor Reviews

Have you booked your Rome hotel? My sister is just now making plans for June with DH, two daughters 17 and 10. They usually stay in 4* hotels.

They also plan on going to Venice and Florence. I know this is late planning for high season, but it is what it is.

Any suggestions in addition to the pointers you've already posted would be appreciated.

TudorSue: Hi! Yes, I did eventually settle on a hotel in Rome, but it is not a four star. We've booked two nights at the Hotel Sonya, and we got a quad for 170 euros per night (including a/c and breakfast) for mid-April. I inquired at quite a few hotels, and got quotes as high as 568 euros per night (these were not high end hotels). Hotel Sonya gets generally favorable reviews on TripAdvisor and is fairly well located, so I've got my fingers crossed. We'll be out and about so much during our limited time there that I just hope it is clean.

Something to consider if you are staying at least three nights is a short-term apartment rental. Before we firmed up our itinerary, I looked at RentalInRome.com and they had some attractive offerings for a family at reasonable rates. This company also has offerings for Venice, and possibly Florence as well. But they do require a minimum stay of three nights.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

Hi Everyone ...quick question I am going to do a 2 night pre stay and 1 night post in Rome .I was checking out Euroflyusa for flight and then I saw they also did hotels and hotel rates for the dates I requested (July 11 and 12) they quoted me 210 Euros ...105/night, I went to the hotels website and they quoted me over 200 euros a night...how can this be...has anyone ever booked with Euroflyusa?

Also the hotels name is the Hotel Diana..anyone stayed there?

Thanks for any info.

Angela

Archived