Constellation CC 9162 versus 9164 - same size?

trudzie

Does anyone know if the Constellation AFT CC cabins 9162 abd 9164 are identical in Cabin size? Celebrity told me they are all the same yet I read that 9164 is a handicapped cabin and as such is larger. I can't tell if 9162 which we have booked, is also larger. On the deck plans they look identical in size. I've seen pictures of 9164 for the Millenium and the room looks much larger than other CC cabins I have seen pics of. See:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550877144vQBFwE

Thanks for shedding any light. We are thrilled to get an AFT cabin just curious on just how big the cabin itself is. The pics make it look quite large for 9164.

Does anyone know if the Constellation AFT CC cabins 9162 abd 9164 are identical in Cabin size? Celebrity told me they are all the same yet I read that 9164 is a handicapped cabin and as such is larger. I can't tell if 9162 which we have booked, is also larger. On the deck plans they look identical in size. I've seen pictures of 9164 for the Millenium and the room looks much larger than other CC cabins I have seen pics of. See:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550877144vQBFwE

Thanks for shedding any light. We are thrilled to get an AFT cabin just curious on just how big the cabin itself is. The pics make it look quite large for 9164.

Ed is right. We were just in 9162 on Millennium two weeks ago, and 9164 is larger because it is a handicapped cabin. I know there are pictures from other posters who have had 9164 posted around.

Funny side note, we actually got 9162 next year on the Summit. Don't know how it was still available, but I'll take it!! :D

Does anyone know if the Constellation AFT CC cabins 9162 abd 9164 are identical in Cabin size? Celebrity told me they are all the same yet I read that 9164 is a handicapped cabin and as such is larger. I can't tell if 9162 which we have booked, is also larger.

The handicapped aft cabin is definitely larger than the other CC class aft cabins. The extra room is necessary for the turning radius of a wheelchair or scooter. The bathroom is configured differently also with no step up and no lip for the shower which is also bigger to accomodate a shower chair. The shower does tend to get water all over the floor.

We had the CC aft cabin 9201 on Summit just two weeks ago which was identical to 9162. The cabin was a spacious 191 square feet and the balcony was HUGE.

Our next door cabin neighbors in 9164 were a man with post-polio syndrome who was a quadriplegic on a ventilator and his wife. I think Celebrity holds these handicapped accessible cabins until the very end before releasing them to able-bodied cruisers.

Hope this helps,

Marlee

Archived