Battery Operated Lamp

Sauceress

There are all kinds of clip on reading lights on the market. I think I got a cheap one at Wal-Mart years ago, and they also sell them at all the book stores. I am pretty sure the balcony has a light too, although not sure it is good for reading.

I am an early riser too and take a large travel mug with a lid with me. I go to the Lido deck and fill it if it is too early for room service.

While at sea, the balcony lights don't function so as not to interfere with navigation.

The table on the balcony is kinda low so a portable lamp placed there would be of limited use for reading.

A clipon book light would seem the best answer.

I found that turning the inside lights on and opening the curtains did a good job of providing plenty of light for the balcony.

I found that turning the inside lights on and opening the curtains did a good job of providing plenty of light for the balcony.

That could be a real bummer for the person inside the cabin trying to sleep. If I did that to DH you'd all be reading another thread about a person going over the balcony railing:)

I've used a Petzl head lamp (or other brand -maybe $8-$10 at Walmart) in the past, but more recently just have a small flashlight (maglight) that I wear on a lanyard. Doesn't have to be an actual lanyard, mine is a cute shoestring I bought years ago. If I'm sitting at a table, flashlight hangs down onto my chest to illuminate book. If I'm in bed, I lie on my side and kind of lay the flashlight in the crook of my neck.

I LOVE to read while the world sleeps!

Archived