Twin configuration or queen - most space

cataholic

Which gives you the most useable space in a balcony cabin? I'm on the Dawn Princess and will be sailing in September. Want to give a heads up to whomever to make sure I have enough space to move. Also when do you ask for an extra padding on your bed? I'm elderly with a bad back and would certainly appreciate extra padding. Can you ask to have both mattresses on one bed if you have the twin configuration?

Im sure having the beds together as a queen would give you the most space. I know Princess has egg crates that you can request to put on the beds for extra comfort. Most of the cruises have those comforters that are very comfy. I hear RCI Rhapsody just got them and had them on both Princess and Carnival so far.

We had to fax a request for our egg crate mattress top prior to sailing. I used the corporate headquarter address, attn: Customer Service. We found a free internet fax service and it worked fine. I would double check with your TA or via Princess. The confirmation showed on our boarding stuff that came in mail with our luggage tags.

Hi, IF you get to your cabin and discover your bed in a different configuration then you requested, don't worry. Ask and everything will be switched to your liking. I can't see any reason why you couldn't have both mattress on one frame but they may just give you another.

I had twin set up ;ast cruise and felt like we had more room.

and a tip, you can store your suitcases under the bed! Happy cruising. Dawn was a wonderful ship.

Archived