Guatemala and Nicaragua - Shore Excursion help?

DebsUK

I am looking for any suggestions on shore excursions from Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala and Puerto Corinto, Nicaragua? My husband and I are pretty adventurous, so trips through the ship or with an independant are OK. many Thanks.

In Guatemala we tour one of the local taxi tours at the dock into Antigua, had lunch at the old convent which is now a hotel. Very nice there.

Once you go through the tourist building you will find a small area of locals and their wares just go further down & the taxi's are there.

Ask the prices & what you will get before you go.

Most were $150-$180 if you can get a few people together for the van it works out cheaper pp

• 3 weeks later...

Our excursion in Guatemala with Gus and visiting the school was the best excursion of our trip. We were well taken care of, good food, great tour price, excellent entertainment, well qualified tour guides, and saving the best for last.....JERRY WAS MY TOUR GUIDE. He's perfect, he's hot, and we laughed all day long!!!! I love him and everything else Gus provided on the tour.

• 3 months later...
Our excursion in Guatemala with Gus and visiting the school was the best excursion of our trip. We were well taken care of, good food, great tour price, excellent entertainment, well qualified tour guides, and saving the best for last.....JERRY WAS MY TOUR GUIDE. He's perfect, he's hot, and we laughed all day long!!!! I love him and everything else Gus provided on the tour.

Have you a website for them?

We are on the Island Princess November 3th we dock in Puerto Quetzal and are using Gowithgustours.com What a nice man we have emailed back and forth and he is very happy to do what ever it takes he made many suggestions and we have agreed on an itinerary. I got him from many others who recomended him.Hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just visited Guatemala with the Island Princess and booked a private tour to Antigua... fantastic! Read my review on the Princess section of the cc boards... "Island Princess 9/20/07" and scroll down to the query about our tour info, which I recommend highly.

Sandy

• 4 weeks later...

We just finished a tour thru the Panama Canal. One of the day ports was Puerto Quetzal. We cruised with 3 other coupleson the Island Princess. Well on that day the other couples were excursioned out!! So my wife and I took a bus that brought us to the port gate. Situated there was a local tour operator called Mayan Vacations. We signed up for $40 pp.The tour Guide was Ivan Cabrera. He hosted our tour to the chief attraction -Colonial Antigua(the Old Capital of Guatemala. It was a great tour. We saw the old Central Square, with the old partially rebuilt cathedral, We went to a market place, we went to a Jade factory, and we ate at Antorcha frestaurant for lunch. His commentary on the history, people and scenery, etc was very good.It was the best port excursion of the 5 ports we visited (He was college educated in Boston but lives in his Guatemala now.)

Stan and Marcia Kornberg

Archived