Promotional Codes for 2008 Yet?

JDCMN

Hello Happy Cruisers!

I'm starting to compare prices for a 2008 cruise on the Carnival Glory but when I enter dp3 on the Carnival web site, it comes up as an invalid code. (Although I was able to use that code when I booked the Sensation cruise for this October.)

I know someone mentioned that Carnival was in the process of changing their promotional codes so I just wanted to check if anyone has any updated codes yet? Or any codes that you successfully used for a 2008 booking?

Thanks so much!

Jeannie

PVP told me they would be out in May, but read somewhere (not on CCL site, but online agency site) that it would be April, I say keep checking. If you do find one please post, I am looking daily myself.

Hi, Planning a family cruise on the Miracle in July 2008 and the prices are high right now. What are promotional codes and how do I find one I can use for this cruise? We're a family of 16 using 5 rooms so we can really use a discount any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just tried the PGPD45 code, it was invalid:mad: tried just D45 as I figured the PGP stood for past guest promotion, still invalid:mad: Oh well I'll just keep looking for a valid one on my sailing:D

Molly, you are great for trying these codes out so fast! :) Sorry they werent' successful.

I'm trying to add my 1986 Carnival Carnivale cruise to my history (and bring me one cruise closer to the magic 10 cruises!) so I just emailed Guest Relations. In my email I snuck in a question about the 2008 promotional codes so we'll see if I get a response! I'll definitely post any information I get from them.

Thanks again!

Jeannie

Got a fax with info on Alaska cruise for Sept 08 and the code used was PGPD45.

Thanks for sharing that code! It doesn't look like it's currently working but maybe Carnival will be "turning it on" soon.

If I hear anything from them, I'll post the information!

Thanks again!

Jeannie

Hi, Planning a family cruise on the Miracle in July 2008 and the prices are high right now. What are promotional codes and how do I find one I can use for this cruise? We're a family of 16 using 5 rooms so we can really use a discount any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

They are talking about codes that can be used on the carnival website that can be used to get past guest pricing. They must be used in conjunction with your past guest number.

Promotional codes can be used to receive reduced cruise fares or upgrades for past guests although not all codes work in all situations or locations (states). For example, when I booked my October 2007 cruise, I used DP3 which upgraded my room up four decks. So far I haven't had any success finding out the 2008 ones. But as I mentioned in my previous responses, I emailed Carnival and asked them and will post any information I receive from them on the board. Hopefully, it's not a secret and that we're not supposed to know about these codes! :)

Jeannie

They are in the fine print of their advertising. :rolleyes:

Hey big duck, thanks for the information as I didn't know that and it's always a good day when we learn something! :) If I get any advertising, I'll have to keep an eye out for those codes!

Thanks again!

Jeannie

Thanks for explaining the codes to me. I am a past guest and tried that PCD code mentioned above and the oddest thing hapened, it dropped the price $200 for guest 1 and 2 and raised the prices $400 for guests 3 & 4. It also would only allow me to choose a guarantee cabin. How odd.

For different seasons, they use different past guest codes. Try the odd numbers (dp1; dp3; dp5; dp7; dp9). One of these codes should work with your Past Guest number. Don't put in PCD -- this is the code for your guarantee categories (IS, OV, BL, ST).

You can also check residency rates with your state and "pr1" and senior rates if you're over 55 with "pse". If they're available, they will come up. If not, they're probably not available. Your best bet is to still contact your PVP or TA for exact pricing because many times they have promotions out there that you don't even know about, and they will be able to tell you what's available quickly.

For different seasons, they use different past guest codes. Try the odd numbers (dp1; dp3; dp5; dp7; dp9). One of these codes should work with your Past Guest number. Don't put in PCD -- this is the code for your guarantee categories (IS, OV, BL, ST).

You can also check residency rates with your state and "pr1" and senior rates if you're over 55 with "pse". If they're available, they will come up. If not, they're probably not available. Your best bet is to still contact your PVP or TA for exact pricing because many times they have promotions out there that you don't even know about, and they will be able to tell you what's available quickly.

Can you elaborate a little more for me. My state is Mississippi so would I try mspr1 or would it be pr1ms ?

Can you elaborate a little more for me. My state is Mississippi so would I try mspr1 or would it be pr1ms ?

Well it will ask where you live (air city). That is how the state is determined on the website. For example, first indicate yes or no for "include air?" (This does not matter). Then select Jackson, MS as departure city. Then in the fare code box, put "PR1". If a residency rate for Mississippi is available, it will come up. If not, it will come back as invalid.

For example... if you have access to carnival.com right now, select the Sensation sailing on 4/19/2007. Select Atlanta, GA as your city. Then enter "PR1" in the fare code box. Discounted fares will populate.

OK, I have tried all the codes suggested here and NONE of them work. But thank you all so much for posting them, maybe it is just my itinerary:(

These codes will only work if they are available on your particular sailing. If it is far in the future, they will not work. Most of these codes only work on sailings within 6 months from now. Some of the past guest codes work further out in the future.

These codes will only work if they are available on your particular sailing. If it is far in the future, they will not work. Most of these codes only work on sailings within 6 months from now. Some of the past guest codes work further out in the future.

Thanks for the info. We are a little over 9 mos out but we are past guests. I will just watch and wait:)

Thanks for the info. We are a little over 9 mos out but we are past guests. I will just watch and wait:)

The promotional codes for Past Guests change every 3 months. The tend to recycle past guest codes every year or two. The senior and resident codes stay the same though.

While searching for a cruise using the "code" I gather on Carnival web site. You find that crusie that is the "one". Now what does one do? do you have to book it yourself through th e carnival web site or do you call carnival PVP amd handle it over the phone?

I am going to use the codes, Never having use this system I do not know what to do.

While searching for a cruise using the "code" I gather on Carnival web site. You find that crusie that is the "one". Now what does one do? do you have to book it yourself through th e carnival web site or do you call carnival PVP amd handle it over the phone?

I am going to use the codes, Never having use this system I do not know what to do.

The easiest thing to do is call your PVP or TA. The website has its ups and downs. I was just mentioning the codes if you wanted to try and check it. I have found the carnival website to be frustrating at times though. A PVP or TA could give you direct answers with a lot less headache.

Archived