Question about quad rooms

Bellalu

We just received our stateroom assignment on the Oosterdam and I noticed that we are in a quad room (2 lower beds, 1 sofa sleeper & 1 upper). It's just the two of us cruising, and I am wondering what impact the upper will have for us. Hopefully it will not be in our way. Do those beds retract from the ceiling or wall, or are they down all the time. Will it limit our head room while sitting on the sofa?

You won't even be aware that you have a quad room. I have had a quad room and been alone in the cabin, the bed that is in the ceiling will not come down unless you ask your steward and the sofa bed will not be made up into a bed unless you, once again, ask your steward.

Enjoy your cruise.

In our stateroom (1043) on the Oosterdam the upper bed was located above the two twin beds. It hangs down maybe 5" or so. The ceiling was pretty high. It should not affect your head room at all.

Enjoy your cruise. It's a wonderful ship.

Dave

Thanks for the info!! I'm sailing on the Maasdam tommorrow :D :D and I have an inside quad room.

I was also wondering about the upper bed being in the way, esp with me sailing solo and have no need for the extra bed.

Happy sailing!!

My first 10 day cruise!!!

Maasdam April 4-14,2007

The Maasdam is an S-class ship; the Oosterdam is a Vista. The information about the quad in a Vista may or may not be the same in and S-class.

In any case, though, I've never read of additional sleeping space creating an inconvenience if it isn't used.

Archived