Japanese Hair Straightening

Crede is a great product line, and is made by milbon, the same company that distributes the liscio straightening, but isn't the best for all hair types. There are also several different types of Crede, for shampoo, there's FT, AT or MT, and with conditioners, ER, SR and NE. Also, there's Crede Pliant, which adds 2 more shampoos and 2 more conditioners, so it's best to do some research if thats what you want to use, and make sure your stylist can get you what you want. I use a different one from Japan called Clay Esthe, which a bit more moisturizing and repairing, which works better for my ethnic hair type.

An added note- you don't have to use special shampoos and conditioners after jhs, but as any cosmetologist will tell you, a product you can get at a salon will always be better than one you get at the drugstore... it all comes down to pH and molecular weights and sizes.

:confused::confused:H

Crede is a great product line, and is made by milbon, the same company that distributes the liscio straightening, but isn't the best for all hair types. There are also several different types of Crede, for shampoo, there's FT, AT or MT, and with conditioners, ER, SR and NE. Also, there's Crede Pliant, which adds 2 more shampoos and 2 more conditioners, so it's best to do some research if thats what you want to use, and make sure your stylist can get you what you want. I use a different one from Japan called Clay Esthe, which a bit more moisturizing and repairing, which works better for my ethnic hair type.

An added note- you don't have to use special shampoos and conditioners after jhs, but as any cosmetologist will tell you, a product you can get at a salon will always be better than one you get at the drugstore... it all comes down to pH and molecular weights and sizes.

Hi,can you please tell me,is it possble to turn quite frizzy,afro hair into just very curly hair with some shine??????

Many thanks,

Sue

Sorry for the delay, I don't know if anyone's still watching this board. Here are the before-and-after pics from my straightening. The straight ones are without flat ironing, just washed and blow dried. Let me know if you have any questions

WOW! That looks awesome! Great results.

I read about this www.frizzcure.com and want to find someplace to get it done. I wear my hair curly or straight but if there was no frizz I'd love my hair even more.

:confused::confused:H

Hi,can you please tell me,is it possble to turn quite frizzy,afro hair into just very curly hair with some shine??????

Many thanks,

Sue

Sue,

You could get a jheri curl, which is a relaxer and then a perm, which smoothes the hair and then curls it in the size curl you want. This can be damaging, though, since it's a double process. There's also a great salon called Ouidad, which specializes in curly hair, and they have a great softening treatment that gets a gorgeous result (I had it done in 2004). It's a bit pricey and would require maintenance, but above all, they teach you how to work with your hair. Their main salon is in New York City, but they're working to franchise across the country. Their website is http://www.ouidad.com. An added bonus- the products they sell are great!

Either way, you'll get shine because your hair will be smoother and will reflect more light.

Good Luck!!

I read about this www.frizzcure.com and want to find someplace to get it done. I wear my hair curly or straight but if there was no frizz I'd love my hair even more.

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical. It looks like it's a relaxer that just isn't smoothed or processed the full time. A regular relaxer is processed approx. 25 mins, depending on brand, this is only 15. Also, her hair still looks pretty frizzy at the end of the demo video, and her ends are noticeably straighter than the rest of her hair. This usually happens because the ends of the hair are more porous, since they've been around longer, so the take in more product and over process. Also, they don't use any scalp protection other than just around the hairline. The pH of a product like this is probably 10-13 like ammonia or lye, while the pH of your hair and skin is 4.5-5.5. Since the pH scale is logarhythmic, that means the product is up to 100,000,000 times more alkaline than you. That can do some serious damage to your scalp, major chemical burns.

For you, I would recommend new, super hydrating products, and some knowledge on how to style your hair frizz-free, because it is possible. Ask someone who has the hair you want where they got it done, and ask their stylist how they got there.

Sorry for the delay, I don't know if anyone's still watching this board. Here are the before-and-after pics from my straightening. The straight ones are without flat ironing, just washed and blow dried. Let me know if you have any questions
Your hair looks amazing!! Will it still hold a curl if you want to style it some way other than straight?

Yup. I can put a curl in it and look like Jessica Simpson... well, in some ways. The curl holds really well, can even last for the most part overnight, though I'll usually touch it up, and my friends are jealous because I have a ton of volume. Of course, like any straight-haired girl, if it rains, it can go flat, but that's a billion times better than the frizz I used to get in the rain!

Wow, you're hair came out so nice. I'd love to get this done, but my hair is very highlighted, so the straightening process may damage it even more.

I'm in Florida - high humidity - but after extensive online research, I've only found two salons locally...hmm. Seems like it should be way more popular down here. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to blow driers and flat irons and frizz.

Has anyone had this done, or known anyone who has done it? I'm thinking about it for my upcoming cruise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_hair_straightening

Two friends of mine at work had it done. One girl's hair took and the other didn't. I think it depends on the type of hair you have and the thickness is definitely an issue. I wouldn't waste my money for a chance.

:)

Sue,

You could get a jheri curl, which is a relaxer and then a perm, which smoothes the hair and then curls it in the size curl you want. This can be damaging, though, since it's a double process. There's also a great salon called Ouidad, which specializes in curly hair, and they have a great softening treatment that gets a gorgeous result (I had it done in 2004). It's a bit pricey and would require maintenance, but above all, they teach you how to work with your hair. Their main salon is in New York City, but they're working to franchise across the country. Their website is www.ouidad.com. An added bonus- the products they sell are great!

Either way, you'll get shine because your hair will be smoother and will reflect more light.

Good Luck!!

Many,many thanks for your help,

sue

Archived