Cruise ship evacuated off Greek island

kwas

No crusade...have you SEEN the way the donkeys and mules are treated in Santorini? Somehow I doubt it, otherwise you would understand my point.

If you ever sail the Mustard of the Seas, don't come to me with any squirrels requiring adjustment.:o

PS If you need the last sentence explained, you officially don't get it!

Alan CCC, MOS

has anyone checked mustard's doors lately - dont want you all abandoning ship and leaving lil ole me behind :eek:

No crusade...have you SEEN the way the donkeys and mules are treated in Santorini? Somehow I doubt it, otherwise you would understand my point.

If you ever sail the Mustard of the Seas, don't come to me with any squirrels requiring adjustment.:o

PS If you need the last sentence explained, you officially don't get it!

Alan CCC, MOS

I have been to Santorini, we walked down the donkey path, trying to avoid donkey piles. If the donkey's weren't employed as pack animals, something they are bred for, they would probably be more valueable as dog food.

I get the Mustard of the Seas junk. I don't get the whole guilt for the way the universe thing is. If you don't get that then you don't, officially, get it either. :rolleyes:

jc

I have been to Santorini, we walked down the donkey path, trying to avoid donkey piles. If the donkey's weren't employed as pack animals, something they are bred for, they would probably be more valueable as dog food.

I get the Mustard of the Seas junk. I don't get the whole guilt for the way the universe thing is. If you don't get that then you don't, officially, get it either. :rolleyes:

jc

I fully acknowledge your right to your opinion of the Mustard of the Seas "junk". Please drop in again when you have less time. As for your opinions regarding pack animals and their fate, well, I think I'll refrain from entering into any argument about why they are bred or who is responsible for their lot. Again, you are entitled to your opinion. I do, however, take issue with your frankly absurd "guilt for the way the universe "thing" is" statement......."Universe Thing" what a quaint, sixties and purile phrase. I'll let you get back to your treatise now and look forward to reading your completed philosophical works. I'm sure that you'll give Plato, Wittgentstein, Rousseau & co a run for their money, although I feel that you should perhaps start a discourse with someone of equal intellect....maybe Joey from Friends?:o

Alan

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I am not the one that interjected a stupid philosophical point about animals into a thread on the tragedy of a cruise ship sinking. Of course, when you have the wit you seem to possess, I am sure that you thought it appropriate. I just pointed out the absurdity of the dumb point. Meanwhile you are dooming this thread to the obscurity with the well placed MOS threads in the floataway lounge. :rolleyes: Nice work.:D

jc

I am not the one that interjected a stupid philosophical point about animals into a thread on the tragedy of a cruise ship sinking. Of course, when you have the wit you seem to possess, I am sure that you thought it appropriate. I just pointed out the absurdity of the dumb point. Meanwhile you are dooming this thread to the obscurity with the well placed MOS threads in the floataway lounge. :rolleyes: Nice work.:D

jc

jc,

I sincerely apologise for venting my spleen in such a sensitive thread. I truly meant no disrespect. My wife and I also walked up and down to Santorini, so I acknowledge that you know what I'm talking about re the donkeys. We spend a lot of our time looking after stray and orphaned animals and I suppose I was OTT in my condemnation of that place...and you..(albeit in a tongue-in-cheek manner).

I hope you can accept this apology...Alan

jc

PS..I realise that I make light of some situations, but my "Wit" is tempered by crappy experiences. None of which I will bore you with.

Alan

I am surprised that no one has posted the name, a photo and background on the Captain and his immediate staff...you know the ones arrested by the Greek Government...if he does not go to jail, the Captain's next command most likey will be a garbage barge on the Yangtze river in China...if he is lucky...don't know if I spelled that river correctly...wish they would add spell check to this board!

jc,

I sincerely apologise for venting my spleen in such a sensitive thread. I truly meant no disrespect. My wife and I also walked up and down to Santorini, so I acknowledge that you know what I'm talking about re the donkeys. We spend a lot of our time looking after stray and orphaned animals and I suppose I was OTT in my condemnation of that place...and you..(albeit in a tongue-in-cheek manner).

I hope you can accept this apology...Alan

Apologies to me are never required. I expect to be treated badly!:D Apology accepted. :) I happen to be deeply and financially involved in Welsh Terrier rescue, and frequently get to visit a breed of human called puppy millers and deal with them to get these mistreated dogs out of their possession. I can get very angry at the people involved in this activity, but I, also, realize that they are people and the dogs are well, dogs.

I just happen to have a very small crusade toleration threshold, no matter how worthy a crusade it may be. :eek:

jc

Apologies to me are never required. I expect to be treated badly!:D Apology accepted. :) I happen to be deeply and financially involved in Welsh Terrier rescue, and frequently get to visit a breed of human called puppy millers and deal with them to get these mistreated dogs out of their possession. I can get very angry at the people involved in this activity, but I, also, realize that they are people and the dogs are well, dogs.

I just happen to have a very small crusade toleration threshold, no matter how worthy a crusade it may be. :eek:

jc

Alan

Archived