Miracle- "Abandon Ship"!!!!!!

Fooblade

It finally made the papers. It was a very panicky situation and Carnival didn't seem to care. The next morning they basically acted like nothing happened.

Funny how the corporate fax number is out of service all the sudden too.....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/ny-bzship043917261aug04,0,5670745.story?coll=sfla-newsnation-front

http://www.thnt.com/thnt/story/0,21282,1019534,00.html?sec=main?=centraljersey

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/218909p-188256c.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128066,00.html

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040804-125006-9229r.htm

Wondering exactly how many threads we can actually get on the first page on this very subject :rolleyes: There were not this many posts when a man died, when someone had a heart attack, when MANY people were turned away from their sailings... things that actually had a serious impact on the lives of people...

Foo, there are a couple of threads that have these links posted on the first page... and yesterday, and the day before...

Goin,

Sorry that I just happened to be on this ship and was personally affected by it. So glad that I chose Carnival based on how great this message board made me think it was. Carnival has not taken any responisbility for the lack of security- and when all the people in Baltimore were turned away there were many posts. This is a message board made for posting. You are not obligated to read all of them if you choose not to nor are you obligated to reply. I was just trying to inform some people on where to find articles.

You know I have to disagree here. A man dying, though very sad, affects only the people who knew him. Passengers being turned away only affects those passengers. Unfortunately a prank or not, this afected the entire ship. Can you imagine the choas of what was going on. I feel scared just thinking about it. What if someone really had gone out of his head and jumped overboard? I don't even want to picture the hysteria that went on, and from all the reports, Carnival doesn't seem to really be trying to do much about it. These people don't seem to have gottne much compassion, let alone compensation. Whoever did that is an idiot and should be charged to the fullest extent.

You learn in the muster drill the procedures for an emergency... there would never be a "Abandon Ship" kind of drill (they learned valuable lessons about mass hysteria in the Titanic days)...

Foo, I am sorry you were on the ship when this happened... only trying to let you know that these links have been posted over several days on several threads, so you may be able to go to those threads and chat with others that were there as well... I only recall one (maybe two) threads on the Baltimore issue, there have been over a dozen on this one, so I was simply saying, maybe they could be consolidated?

Was old news.

Now VERY OLD NEWS.

Will this die? Do we need to read all these links? Anything new in them that we should know about?

Now, if anyone has any pictures of those running about in their underwear, let's talk!

Goin,

Thanks for the clarification. I should have looked for the other threads a little harder. No offense to you but sometimes reading this board a new comer can come to think that many of the posters might possible be Carnival employees or have some financial stake in Carnivalcorp.

You know some people don't read all the threads every day. If you already heard about, stop reading the threads dealing with it. Same as the other roll call that used to get put on this board. However, for those of us who have something else to do besides read threads all day long, I believe it is fair to post something on the frongt page.

LOL Foo, I know it can seem that way... many are just very passionate about their favorite line/ships... Nothing was directed AT you, just seems we have far too many of this very same post on the first and second page... I have said that it was a bad prank, but at least nobody was hurt and the announcement was not made from the deck or anywhere that would cause people to be concerned about ship safety... Again, hopefully most people went to the drill and knew what the procedure would be, then again at 3AM I am sure some people were sleeping and may have been groggy/half asleep and panicked... Glad everyone is safe!

Fooblade.... I appreciate your post. I have been on several cruises and can not believe what had happened. I am sure that most were in a deep sleep and did not remember all they learned in the drill. I was on a ship September 11th and remember what it was like to be so frightened. Going on the Lenend in a month and can not wait.

Archived