Iberostar Grand Amazon

redcookie

Going on the Grand Amazon in a few weeks and am having a hard time finding any reviews from travellers. Has anyone here taken this trip and if so can you comment? I am especially interested in the dress for dinner. As this seems to be a casual trip with some down and dirty excursions, i was hoping the same could be said for dinner dress, casual.

any help for this newbie to this forum would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have just been invited to join a friend later in the year and started looking at the boards. If you find something, please post back here.

From the Vantage literature I'm surmising that the dress for dinner is business casual, like Oceania. Of course, it depends where and what business, as I saw women on O dressed in coordinated denim skirts and jackets. Not much help from me.

As I recall, I dug out the jersey knits (like Citiknits, if you're a QVC watcher). Even dug further for pop-it beads, remember those, no one noticed, or at least they didn't comment.

Nice to know I am not the only one out here looking for info. I read somewhere that there is no formal night so i am keeping my fingers crossed that my festive casual will be ok. I am hoping my husband will buy me jewels in Rio where we are before our cruise so I can wear those to dress me up a bit. *lol* I'll be sure to post when we get back in a few weeks. I hate going someplace with not much information.

Googling "Iberostar Grand Amazon" comes up with very interesting links. Please report back on your experiences as this would seem to scratch our "Amazon Itch" perhaps better than a 12-14 day cruise that is in Manaus only 2 days.

Thanks for the clue, Miata6. Discussing this trip with my friend because we have a cruise like yours already booked and would have to change to this line.

Anxious to read your return post, redcookie. I particular would like to know what they really mean by photosafari. Thanks in advance.

Red Cookie - I too am interested in this trip; I can't seem to find anyone online who has actually been on it ! Please report back, to help us potential future Amazon/Negro cruisers.

Thanks so much -

Judy

Going on the Grand Amazon in a few weeks and am having a hard time finding any reviews from travellers. Has anyone here taken this trip and if so can you comment? I am especially interested in the dress for dinner. As this seems to be a casual trip with some down and dirty excursions, i was hoping the same could be said for dinner dress, casual.

any help for this newbie to this forum would be appreciated. Thanks.

The only clothing reference I can find is at Vantage Travel (www.vantagetravel dot com)

I quote: "Evening dress for the Captain's Welcome and Farewell Dinners, dresses or pantsuits for women and jackets (tie optional) for dinner."

Hope that helps. Looking forward to your return and review. This sounds like an interesting voyage. Are you doing the 4 day, 3 day, or the B2B 7 day?

WEll, I just booked a trip on the Iberostar Grand Amazon, knowing practically nothing about it...except it was the only boat on the Amazon with all-balcony cabins and TV's. Both of which I need. :)

I booked the 7 night combo of the Amazon & the Negro, so I guess we'll get to know Manaus very well.

But we will have a while to wait, since we're not going until August 2008 !

Judy

Judy,

Can you tell me if and where you found a list of sailing dates for 2008?

I spent quite a bit of time looking and could find prices for 2008 but not a schedule of dates.

Thanks, Carol

Thanks Judy!

I'm hoping redcookie will share her experience with us. My husband and I are looking at going in March of 2008 for the 7 night cruise. We were going to go with Princess on their 14 day out of Fort Lauderdale but would much prefer this itinerary. I love the idea of a smaller ship!

Archived