Best excursion in St. Thomas

cruisinCLT

Hello all! I was wondering what the best excursion in st thomas is....we were thinking about snorkeling but we like the ones that take you out on the catamerans and let you drink on the way back. is St thomas good for snorkeling? We are also going to Nassau but we are doing the yellowbird again...so much fun....I would highly recommend this to young or old party going types! Also in st maarten we are doing the little divi beach excursions. any tips on St thomas excursions through carnival?

Check the Ports of Call forum (where this thread will probably get moved).

We went three years ago and booked Godfrey privately. He was much cheaper than Carnival, and gave a great tour with plenty of options and flexibility. I don't know if he's still around, but I assume you could find info in the ports of call forum.

Check the port of call forum. I did this and ended up booking us on the Fantasy daysail. It is a private sailboat charter and hold up to 6 passengers. We are a family of 6 so it will be private for us. It leaves at 9:30 and returns at 3:30. They give you muffins, juice, etc. for breakfast and sail over to St. John for a couple of snorkle spots, swimming, etc. They provide a gourmet lunch, drinks, snorkel equip, fishing equip. for trolling, noodles for floating. I read several reviews on this boat from other sources (frommers and other guide books). You can google St. Thomas daysail and find several sailing charters. Good luck.

We really enjoyed the shore excursion that took you from St. Thomas to Trunk Bay on St. Johns. We went on a boat called the Leylon Sneed from Charlotte Amalia to Trunk Bay. I notice that this excursion is not offered on Carnival's website so we will probably take the other St. John tour to Trunk Bay by ferry and bus.

IMHO St. John's is gorgeous and especially Trunk Bay.

We did Godfrey's tour in October '06. He was awesome. It was $35/pp for 2 hours of shopping, 2 hour island tour and 2 hours at a beach of our choice (we chose Sapphire Beach). He picked us up and delived us back to the ship. He comes highly recommended!!

We did the Sunny Liston tour last week which was 2 hours of shopping, 2 hours of touring then 2 hours on Saphire beach. Cost was $25/pp and we had a good time.

Though I will say next time I'll just take a taxi and probably spend all day on the beach.

We did the Sunny Liston tour last week which was 2 hours of shopping, 2 hours of touring then 2 hours on Saphire beach. Cost was $25/pp and we had a good time.

Though I will say next time I'll just take a taxi and probably spend all day on the beach.

Mr. Golf,

My hubby and I are booked on Sunny's tour for our June cruise. We also plan on going to Sapphire Beach....can you tell me if there is a restaurant or some place where they have drinks and/or snacks?

Also, did you get Sunny himself or someone else?

Thanks. :)

Mr. Golf,

My hubby and I are booked on Sunny's tour for our June cruise. We also plan on going to Sapphire Beach....can you tell me if there is a restaurant or some place where they have drinks and/or snacks?

Also, did you get Sunny himself or someone else?

Thanks. :)

Yes, there are places you can get drinks and snacks and the prices there are much more reasonable than the prices on the Orient in St. Marteen.

As for who's driving, it's a bit of a crap shoot. We had one driver that wasn't all that great but Sunny and one other lady (I'm assuming potentially is wife) had a little better time. If I were to do it again, I'd specifically request to get in their vehicle as you've "heard" they're more entertaining.

Yes, there are places you can get drinks and snacks and the prices there are much more reasonable than the prices on the Orient in St. Marteen.

As for who's driving, it's a bit of a crap shoot. We had one driver that wasn't all that great but Sunny and one other lady (I'm assuming potentially is wife) had a little better time. If I were to do it again, I'd specifically request to get in their vehicle as you've "heard" they're more entertaining.

When I emailed Sunny I told him I want either him or his wife. I hope he makes good on it. I heard about a bad driver that he had named Pasquale, which he said no longer works for him though.

When I emailed Sunny I told him I want either him or his wife. I hope he makes good on it. I heard about a bad driver that he had named Pasquale, which he said no longer works for him though.

I took the Sunny tour Jan. 06 and had his wife because his bus was already full. If you can get on Sunnys bus, do it, he is much more fun than his wife. We also went for the 2 hr shopping/island tour/beach. We went to Sapphire also and I found it to be very expensive. If I remember correctly DH got us 2 hot dogs 2 chips and 2 sodas and it was $24.00?

If I went back again I would just do a 2 hr island tour (only to see Magens Bay again) and the beach. It was one jewelry store after the other up and down every street, after the first 4 or 5 I was bored.

I was just at St. Thomas and I went snorkling there and at St. Maarten. According to the locals at both places the coral is dying due to hurricanes and global warming so there wasn't as much to see as I'd hoped. You could tell there used to be a lot more. I did hear there was a chocolate shop on St. Thomas just like on the movie Chocolat which I would have loved to go to but by the time I got back from my excursion it was too late. I hope you have fun on your cruise.

Sandy, I honestly don't think an email will work. Just get to the pick up location, ask Sunny which bus is his and jump on it.

I took the Sunny tour Jan. 06 and had his wife because his bus was already full. If you can get on Sunnys bus, do it, he is much more fun than his wife. We also went for the 2 hr shopping/island tour/beach. We went to Sapphire also and I found it to be very expensive. If I remember correctly DH got us 2 hot dogs 2 chips and 2 sodas and it was $24.00?

If I went back again I would just do a 2 hr island tour (only to see Magens Bay again) and the beach. It was one jewelry store after the other up and down every street, after the first 4 or 5 I was bored.

The prices in Sapphire Beach sound like the prices in Shea Stadium....LOL!!! :p

We are doing the 3 hour shopping tour. I know there a ton of jewelry stores but I want to buy a whole bunch of liquor and cigarettes. Plus there are some sights downtown around Main St. that I would like to see.

Sandy, I honestly don't think an email will work. Just get to the pick up location, ask Sunny which bus is his and jump on it.

Ohhh ok....hopefully I can be one of the first ones there. I looked at that cruisecal.com for our date there and it looks like we are the only ship in St. Thomas that day. So maybe we will have a good chance of getting him.

The ride to downtown isn't as important, so don't get too concerned about that one. It's the tour that he's more entertaining. So, if you get on the wrong bus going to downtown, just pay attention to which one he's driving and make sure you're on it when he picks you for the tour. On our tour, he was driving the bright red vehicle.

Im with ARIEL...we did GODFREY TOURS and he was awesome!!!

We did so much and he gave us a great price since we were a group of 28. We even heard of this amazing liquor/icecream LOCAL place and he detoured and took us their. Great guy, great service, GREAT MEMORIES!!!

The ride to downtown isn't as important, so don't get too concerned about that one. It's the tour that he's more entertaining. So, if you get on the wrong bus going to downtown, just pay attention to which one he's driving and make sure you're on it when he picks you for the tour. On our tour, he was driving the bright red vehicle.

Where does he pick you up when you are finished with the shopping part of the tour? Is it easy to find the pickup spot?

Also, do they take a vote what beach to go to? I really have my heart set on going to Sapphire.

Where does he pick you up when you are finished with the shopping part of the tour? Is it easy to find the pickup spot?

Also, do they take a vote what beach to go to? I really have my heart set on going to Sapphire.

No, it's not hard to find where they'll pick you up....so no worries there. As far as the beach goes, they "stress" Saphire to make it easier for him to pick everyone up......so I know you'll have no trouble.

No, it's not hard to find where they'll pick you up....so no worries there. As far as the beach goes, they "stress" Saphire to make it easier for him to pick everyone up......so I know you'll have no trouble.

Ohh good. :D

We have done Godfrey's tour the past 2 years and loved it. We might even do it again next cruise. We went to a different beach each time. First year was Saphire beach and the second we did Meagans Bay I prefered Saphire beach!! But it was an awesome tour/shop/beach and all for $25 per person.

We did the Godfrey tour, and he did an amazing job, BUT I didn't like Sapphire beach. We've been there a couple of times since then, and we now choose to spend our day (all day) at Magen's Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever been to. Very relaxing, gorgeous water, food and drinks there, mats to rent, snorkel gear (although you'll just see little fishes, it's still fun). It really depends on what you want to do there, tour the island, go snorkeling, or kick back at a very nice beach all day.

It was a toss up between Godfrey and Sunny. I read all the reviews about them on here and it seemed that people gave a slight edge to Sunny so that is why I picked him. I'm sure they are both quite good. I will find out in June. :D

Archived