Holiday formal night

mh1973

Which night is it on the 4 day cruise, leaves Thursday and returns Monday morning. For those that have been on this cruise which night is formal night? Is it the day were in Cozumel which is Saturday?

Just did the Thursday 4 night on the Holiday on 3/22. Formal night is on Friday night. The lobster was great :D

No past guest party on a 4 nighter :(

We had so much fun we are planning to book a 5 night on the Holiday in September.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just did the Thursday 4 night on the Holiday on 3/22. Formal night is on Friday night. The lobster was great :D

No past guest party on a 4 nighter :(

We had so much fun we are planning to book a 5 night on the Holiday in September.

Enjoy your cruise!

So they DO have lobster on the Holiday 4 night cruise?? I was wondering if they did.

On the Holiday 4 dayer, how dressy is formal night? I've been "hearing" that people are dressing pretty casually on this ship...It's been several years since I've been on the Holiday so was just curious.

On the Holiday 4 dayer, how dressy is formal night? I've been "hearing" that people are dressing pretty casually on this ship...It's been several years since I've been on the Holiday so was just curious.

Here we go again. Even if people dress "pretty casual" on the ship, formal night is still formal night - why would it be any different based on the length of the cruise or which ship it is?

Please don't turn this into a debate on formal wear and what to wear. I know how to dress appropriately. It was only a question, sorry for asking!

It wasn't a debate. You seemed to indicate that formal night was somehow less formal on this ship/itinerary. I was simply asking why that would be - formal night is still formal night and you're expected to dress accordingly, are you not?

Here we go again. Even if people dress "pretty casual" on the ship, formal night is still formal night - why would it be any different based on the length of the cruise or which ship it is?

Hey ParrotRob, chill out dude! It was a very legitimate question. When I sailed the 4 dayer Sensation and the 4 dayer Paradise, I noticed the "formal" attire was more casual than the "formal" attire on longer cruises I have sailed. I have no answer as to why it would be any different but it certainly was different.

I'm not sure why you would begin your post with "here we go again" for legitimate questions such as this.

For the record, I think part of dressing appropriately is being dressed similiar to others attending the same function. Although formal night is formal night it's a fact of life that people do not dress up as much on the shorter cruises. I personally wouldn't want to be over dressed or underdresssed so I find the question by BrneyznFL to be perfectly understandable. What I don't understand though is why people can't just answer a question nicely without belidding the OP.

Mama always said.........;)

Hey friend...:) Most of my cruises are five nighters. I've always seen (Holiday and others) folks dressed just as formally as on the longer cruises.

I think the only exception I've noticed is when I was on a 2 night CTN. Most didn't realize there would be a formal night, and I'd guess about half were dressed formally.

So they DO have lobster on the Holiday 4 night cruise?? I was wondering if they did.

Yep, and Carnival is the only line that guarantees lobster on every cruise...even the 2 night CTNs.:)

We just returned from the four night Holiday cruise. Formal night was the second night. We dressed up--DH and DS wore suits and ties. We saw everything in the dining room from tuxes to shorts. I actually heard the maitre d' tell someone that they did not need to dress up for formal night. He told them that it was their cruise and to wear what they were most comfortable in. I only saw two men in tuxes that whole evening.

Hey friend...:) Most of my cruises are five nighters. I've always seen (Holiday and others) folks dressed just as formally as on the longer cruises.

I think the only exception I've noticed is when I was on a 2 night CTN. Most didn't realize there would be a formal night, and I'd guess about half were dressed formally.

Hello Cotton! Thanks for your reply, just what I was looking for. Thanks to the others who helpfully responded too! ;)

I couldn't decide whether to go all out which takes up more suitcase room or scale back some so I could smuggle more water in my suitcase. ONLY KIDDING!! :D

Archived