No shirts, no shoes, but we've got skates!

Another Cruise

Grrrrr.....And these are the ones in the future that are going to be taking care of us when we are old and in nursing homes!!!:D

No, these are the kids my children will be taking care of in the form of public assistance or taxes for prison.

My DD has Heelies and is only allowed to wear them in approved places. I wish more kids (and their parents) were responsible with them, because they are fun and are getting a bad rap. Our friends son is definitely one of the kids the rules have been created for... he skates fast in and out of people and his father doesn't stop him when someone tells him to stop. People that buck the rules ruin it for everyone else, whether it's skating wild, dripping water all over the floor, or running around everywhere in their bathing suits.

I had the unfortunate experience of a few of my husbands grand nephews wearing those damn skate thingys at our wedding! I was annoyed to say the least, and that wasnt the only thing they did, they also took all the cameras off the tables and took stupid and inappropriate pictures, depriving the other guests of the opportunity to take some pics.:mad: I blame their parents, because there were other children at the weddings that acted like little gentlemen and ladies. :) Oh well, hopefully we wont encounter any of the little monsters at our next cruise~ :eek:

I really don't get some parents... just the other day, there was a kid in the grocery store with his BIKE! Riding his BIKE down the aisles :rolleyes: The manager of the store finally said he was a danger to other shoppers... but the mother seemed upset... unbelievable. And I've nearly been run over by the heelie crew many times... was it really too much for kids to actually have to PUT ON skates like the rest of us did when we were kids? I just love how companies continue to come up with products to make kids have to do as little as possible :rolleyes:

I had the unfortunate experience of a few of my husbands grand nephews wearing those damn skate thingys at our wedding! I was annoyed to say the least, and that wasnt the only thing they did, they also took all the cameras off the tables and took stupid and inappropriate pictures, depriving the other guests of the opportunity to take some pics.:mad: I blame their parents, because there were other children at the weddings that acted like little gentlemen and ladies. :) Oh well, hopefully we wont encounter any of the little monsters at our next cruise~ :eek:

I'm sorry for you that you had to deal with that. That was just generally bad parenting, with or without the Hellies they still stole the camers. Anyhoo, who allows kids to wear sneakers (or even Hellies) to a wedding? My DS always wears dress shoes when we go out to someplace fancy. I have bought more pairs of dress shoes for DS to wear once than I could count, but fancy affair calls for fancy shoes!

My almost ten year old isnt allowed to have Heelies. I think that they are cute but know that they would not be cute on my little monster. I cant understand why the cruise line would allow them with all the chaos of spring breakers going overboard.

Sounds like you cruised during spring break. Wouldnt be my number one time to take a vacation. Wish me luck considering we are cruising in my second least likely time which is summer right after school is let out. We are taking the kids but no heelies will be allowed.

As for the attire, blame it on the time you cruised. Hopefully it doesnt deter you from the next cruise.

My size 12's would suffice....:D :D ;)

I will probably get flamed for this, but when I encounter these kids I tell them to stop. If they don't, I've been known to "accidently" trip a few. :cool:

About a month ago I was in line at a major department store and a mother and grandmother were in line in front of me. The mother had four kids' date=' all screaming, she was on the phone, letting them run wild! I tried to get her to pay attention because I knew it was going to happen, but before I could do anything, the kid, whacked me right in the face with a hockey stick!! :eek: Of course she just grinned and kept on talking! Grrrrr.....

I would have said something! Or at least the hockey stick would have ended up in a couple of pieces when I was through.

I agree with you MOM2NnB, about the dress shoes. Not only did the kids steal the cameras, but they also ransacked the "Emergency Basket" that is put in the Ladies room for ripped stockings, or headache, etc... the boys, and there were a few neices involved also, went right into the ladies room and opened up tampons and took the gum and mints and dumped the other stuff all over, my Matron of honor caught them. I spoke to the Grandmother of the boys the next week(after our honeymoon) and she just shrugged.

Needless to say, my own grandsons and family were well supervised, and behaved very well, again, the parents deserve a slap!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate those stupid skate shoes. I see kids with them EVERYWHERE. We'll be sitting in a restaurant and see a parent "pulling" their kid along, because the kids doesn't know how to use them very well. I don't care if they aren't going fast or blazing past people, I still think they are ridiculous, unnecessary, and a complete danger to everyone around them. I've seen too many of these kids not be able to stop right, not turn corners well, etc. I don' think it's just the speed that's the problem. Put on your skates and go outside and play, do NOT skate around a store/restaurant/cruise ship, etc. What is WRONG with people?!

My "kids" are 23 and 21 now but growing up there were three things I did not allow. One was skateboards; kinda like the heelie thing kids are disrespectful and a nuisance on them. The other thing I did not allow was Playdoh! They got to play with it plenty at Nanny's house and had all kinds of accessories there. It was a special treat to them when they were there. I just thought it was too messy. The other thing I never let them do was go to air shows. Just a little too many accidents for me.

That having been said, if my "kids" were young now I would abosolutely say NO HEELIES! They are the worst thing anybody ever came up with and I cannot believe how parent's allow them in public places and think people should overlook them just because they are kids having fun! WRONG!

I guess I get the "Mean Mom of the Year" award. My 11 year old has a pair of those blasted things. His Dad bought them for him. He's allowed to use the wheels OUTSIDE only. I caught him using them in our kitchen once and I took them away for a week. I can only imagine the "damage" I would have wielded if I had caught him trying to use them on a SHIP.

Mean, mean Mom here.... :D

hmmmmmmmmmm if the kids are going to be wearing those things on cruises, maybe we need stop sticks like the police have:eek:

Wonder how fast the parents would show up then???:D

Note to self.. Bring stop sticks and cuffs for next cruise:D

Those heelies are a natural pain in the .... well ya know where... :)

I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old. I would NEVER in a bazillion years allow them to wear heelies on a cruise ship!! They don't have them at home either, because I can't stand them. To allow your children to zip around other people like that, it's a NUISANCE.

Hubby and I are cruising alone in July when the kids are in summer camp, all I can say is.... Funnel deck, here I come.

I am hearing "I don't let my child wear these shoes---------" In most malls and open areas they are band. They are not allowed in any restaruant I have been in the last year nor in grocery stores. Roller blades and heelies are not allowed per Carnivals rules on any ship for safty measures.

Do you have a link to that in writting. I'd love to take it with me. I don't think Carnival knows they have that policy:mad:

"

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/FAQLanding.aspx

Archived