Private Tour In Montevideo

RASHOPPER2

We Will Be A Group Of 8 Who Want To Hire A Guide And Driver In Montevideo For The Day. Does Anyone Have A Guide That You Recommend? If So, Please Give Me A Contact Address.

Thank You Very Much.

We used Diego at Ecouruguay.com. His cousin Raquel was our guide and we had a great wine tasting at Bouza Winery - a small boutique winery not far out of town. They fixed us a 'tapas' style lunch with tastings of several of the wines. It was a really nice event. We had a group of 10.

If you schedule something with them, I'd suggest that you ask to have the Gaucho Museum included in the tour. We heard it was really good, but it wasn't on our itinerary. We happened to be there on the same day as Bush, and there were a lot of things closed off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Continuing from my last post. Sent an email to Marta but haven't heard back anything yet....

Since then I've come across Robertson Wine Tours and I'm talking to Tim Robertson about some interesting options for wine touring in Montevideo. His email is robertsonwinetours@gmail.com. I just got an email from him and I know that he will be out of the office for a couple of weeks as they are all off on an intensive tour. So be patient if you do email him for the next 10 to 14 days ;)

Unfortunately we will be Montevideo on a Sunday which may limit some of our options.

Archived