4th of July

Yancey_Elsa

We are traveling on the Valor during 4th of July. The 4th actually falls on a day that we will be in port until 8 p.m. that night. My question is will we be able to see fireworks and does Carnival do anything special for the holiday?:confused:

It looks like you're in St. Thomas - you might want to check what July 4 activities take place on shore, since it is a U.S. port. However, I wouldn't count on fireworks - even if there are I would suspect they will take place after you set sail. We've been aboard Carnival ships twice over July 4; the first time (Conquest), they had July 4 photos, the waiters sang in the dining room, and they had a special pre-show observance in the show lounge (the featured singers did a performance and the CD invited active military and veterans to join him on stage). Last year (Legend), I think it was limited to singing in the dining room.

We've cruised the last two 4ths of July (and are booked this year on the 4th) Foreign ports (Mexico, Belize, Bahamas, St. Maartin, and all others) do not celebrate the US Independence Day. Not sure about ports that are part of the US. We visited Key West on the 6th one year.

The past two years, on the 4th on the ship, during dinner, "God Bless America" was sung and a Happy 4th wished to all US citizens. It was an interesting experience for my kids to see how global our ship was. We in the US forget that the world does not revolve around us. It was a great lesson for the 9 kids in our group of 15. (Not a bad one for the adults either!:D )

Many passangers wore July 4th clothing. Some decorated their doors. Once, the evening show featured several songs to celebrate the day. No matter what was done, it was fun.

Have a great time!!:)

Many passangers wore July 4th clothing. Some decorated their doors. Once, the evening show featured several songs to celebrate the day. No matter what was done, it was fun.

What a great idea! We will be on the Conquest over the 4th of July and I think we will be sure and pack some "patriotic" clothes! I think I will decorate our door too!

Archived