Edgewater Hotel Question

We will be on our first cruise on the Pearl on 5/27. We are staying at the Edgewater hotel for a few nights pre-cruise. Has anyone stayed here? What's it like? I'm told it's near the cruise terminal. Will I need transfers to the pier? Any info will be appreciated.

Why are you telling the OP to go to "East Coast Departures???" (You certainly give out a lot of misinformation:o) The Edgewater is located in Seattle.

To OP~~

The Edgewater is located right on the Seattle Waterfront...nothing special and waaaay overpriced. If you stay here, you will not need a transfer as the pier is 'right next door.'

I would book a hotel in downtown Seattle where you are close to everything (not true of the Edgewater) and take a taxi (not expensive) to the pier.

Or else book a room at the Marriott on the waterfront. The Edgewater was looking pretty rundown about a year ago. I think they are riding on their reputation as a "cool" hotel, but it just looked pretty yucky to me. When we were in Seattle we booked the Renaissance through Priceline for about $80 a night. It was gorgeous and looked better on the inside and the outside than the Edgewater.

The OP made it difficult by not telling us where the hotel was.

With some information added, it appears they are talking about Seattle.

I would strongly suggest going to PORTS OF CALL and looking under ALASKA. Seattle tours, transport, hotels, etc are talked about in great depth. Make sure you make good use of the SEARCH function.

Ps - Other than being close to the cruise terminal (one of them anyways), it is not that close to other stuff. There are lots of options.

Good luck.

Why are you telling the OP to go to "East Coast Departures???" (You certainly give out a lot of misinformation:o) The Edgewater is located in Seattle.

I had the Pearl and Florida on the mind. And the 'misinformation' certainly wasn't intentional, I obviously made a mistake, but I would assume and give the OP credit for figuring this out and possibly looking at the West Coast departures. I was merely trying to direct them in a direction that could be more helpful. Excuse me if you feel my posts are 'misinformation'.:confused:

To the OP - sorry for the mistake, but I would have given you credit for figuring it out on your own.:) If you go to the West Coast Departure boards you might find all kinds of recommended hotels that people have stayed. I also use www.biddingfortravel.com to bid on priceline for hotels. You might find that sight useful as well. Have fun!:D

Just wanted to add that for you to be careful, this being your first cruise, know now it is an addiction.

I haven't stayed at the Edgewater so I can't comment on the quality, but it is right next to the cruise pier, you will be able to easily walk and won't need a transfer. My understanding is that all rooms have a fireplace and it has great views, since it's literally right over the water (it's built on a pier). It was renovated about 5 years ago or so, if I remember right, and supposedly has a lodge-style feel to it. I hear the restaurant there is good, several coworkers have eaten there and recommended it. The Waterfront Marriott is almost brand new and is also right by the cruise terminal--it's not built over a pier, but just across the street from the cruise terminal, so I don't think it's views are quite as good as the Edgewater, but it's supposed to be really nice. I had coffee at a coffee shop there once and it was nice.

The Edgewater is an older hotel, but it is still nice and, as the previous poster said, was renovated about 5 years ago. We stayed there two years ago and were very happy with it. One suggestion if you stay there--request a room on the "water side" with the Puget Sound view. The "city side" just looks out on the parking lot and the street and is nothing special. The water side is more expensive.

Hello,

I am in the hotel business and actually worked for Marriott for many years (nearly 10 years). Now I support a lot of Marriott Hotels and used to work closely with the Marriott Waterfront. The Marriott staff lately seem to have an undeserving attitude. I would still choose the Edgewater over the Marriott. I stayed there a few months ago and loved it. My sister lives in Seattle but wanted a change of scenery so she stayed with me and says it was on of her favorite hotels that we've stayed in. We stay in a lot of hotels.

The hotel went under a very major renovation and looks great. My room was very nicely decorated, comfy and cozy. I especially liked the bathroom which had a seperate shower from the tub. Plus their bathroom amenties are very nice. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. The view from the lobby is amazing. Yes, the Beattles used to fish off of their balcony and there are some famous photos from the Edgewater. You can walk from your ship right to the hotel. I say stick with it you can't go wrong!

Andilynn

The Edgewater was the hotel that the Beatles stayed in when they visited Seattle in 1964.

You can drop a fishing line off your balcony and try to catch your dinner.

Actually, they don't let people fish anymore (maybe too many windows banged up by people's lures?) but yes, there are great photos of the Beatles fishing there in the 60's.

Archived