Civitavecchia to Florence by train?

Can we take the train from the port of Civitavacchia to Florence when we disembark the ship or do we have to go to Rome and transfer? I thought two days in Florence might be fun and then take the train back to Rome for three days. I know we will have to pack lightly to manage the luggage on the train but I think we can do it.

I just happen to be doing some research on my train from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia on May 19 a Saturday. I will leave on the IC516 (Intercity) at 9:48 AM and arrive at Civitavecchia at 10:32 AM. This train is headed to Torino with some stops in between. I noticed the IC516 makes a stop at Pisa around 12 noon sometime. I know at Pisa if you make a transfer it will only take about 50 minutes to get to Florence. I hope this information helps. Tim

rdytocruz,

Lets put it this way, you do not have to go to Rome to catch a train to Florence. Note: If you go to Rome you will have to make a transfer. If you take one of the IC's north you will have to make a transfer at Pisa Central in order to get to Florence. See the following:

Civitavecchia 10:32 10:34

Grosseto 11:27 11:30

Follonica 11:50 11:51

Livorno Centrale 12:40 12:42

Pisa Centrale 12:57 13:00

This is the IC516 leaving Civitavecchia at 10:34 and arriving at Pisa Centrale at 01:00 PM. Like I said before a train from Pisa to Florence will take around an hour. This should help. Tim

Hello,

it's more advantage to go via Roma Termini as you can connect there to ES Euro Star High Speed Trains.

The total transit time will be about 2.44 hrs.

If you are using the trains going via Pisa you have mostly transfer to Regional trains (= Commuters).

On some connections you are staying for several hours in such trains.

I am not sure if you are really would like to use such trains with all your baggage and without food supply and without air condition. If you are train and landscape lover you should do it.

Total transit time upto 4.42 hrs.

If I would be you I would go via Rome taking the high speed train and put my baggage to my hotel and spend more time in Florence.

You have not mentioned the day you are travelling.

We have in Europe a big schedule change at June 10, 2007.

Therefore only few trains are already in the schedule database.

Check when you are close to the departure date:

Italian Railways

(Schedule after June 10, 2007 has not been published yet (as per today April 24, 2007). You must enter "Firenze" as final destination.

On the central European data base with German Railways few connections after June 10, 2007 are published but not all as per today April 24, 2007.

The Italian Railways' website is good to order internet tickets.

The German Railways' website is good to check for the connections.

If you are going before June 9, 2007 all schedules should be available.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived