Emerald Princess - Live

Princess Chatterer

What elevators on the emerald go from top to bottom? Or do any of them. We have only sailed the "sun" class ship so this will be all new to us. We were lucky (I think) enough to get a balcony cabin on caribe beside the panoramic lift elevators. Should this be a good cabin?

[quote name='Perky1']What elevators on the emerald go from top to bottom? Or do any of them. We have only sailed the "sun" class ship so this will be all new to us. We were lucky (I think) enough to get a balcony cabin on caribe beside the panoramic lift elevators. Should this be a good cabin?[/quote]

Aft elevators. :)

[quote name='Perky1']What elevators on the emerald go from top to bottom? Or do any of them. We have only sailed the "sun" class ship so this will be all new to us. We were lucky (I think) enough to get a balcony cabin on caribe beside the panoramic lift elevators. Should this be a good cabin?[/quote]

Does anyone other than myself think this is a pain to have to walk from end to mid\front of ship to go someplace. I was near rear and it was a total pain especially going to pool area. JMHO

[quote name='nco4242']Does anyone other than myself think this is a pain to have to walk from end to mid\front of ship to go someplace. I was near rear and it was a total pain especially going to pool area. JMHO[/quote]

I enjoy the exercise, which equates to more desserts. :D

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']I enjoy the exercise, which equates to more desserts. :D[/quote]

I guess that depends on the size of the ship, and your age.:o There is sometimes a lot of walking, and we take rest breaks! :cool: Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a motorize skate board to get down those very long halls when you are on the aft of the ship. (particularly a long haul in high heels!)

[quote name='azsunshine']I guess that depends on the size of the ship, and your age.:o There is sometimes a lot of walking, and we take rest breaks! :cool: Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a motorize skate board to get down those very long halls when you are on the aft of the ship. (particularly a long haul in high heels!)[/quote]

Or a couple of rest stops along the way......don't do heels usually. :D

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']Or a couple of rest stops along the way......don't do heels usually. :D[/quote]

Your right Colo but I agree with you we needed all the walking we could get after this crusise, So many deserts, We were on Dolphin 722 But in all honesty be pre-pared this itineray is unreal, You have so much to see, The days are long and there is a lot of walking but its all so worth it. All the ships tours were a Class act I would do all againg except for Istanbull and the carpet store disaster that i am sure you will here about from others. Plus you get more for your money by booking the ships tours because they use the american dollar instead of the Euro. Most of all the A tours wich we did had a nice lunch included also. Plus we also had 2 private tours booked by Diane on this site and we had a great time.

Just be pre-pared to walk if you never have seen these places before, Again the ports of call were such a great selection.

[quote name='carma7007']If you book a tour that does not include lunch, do they stop and let you eat, use the restroom?

Of course! most I feel have some connection with place to eat and get some kind of kick back but if you want to stop someplace that looks good tell them to stop there your paying for it. We never had any problem except with the all day Turkey tour where we did stop for lunch at you guessed it Rug factory. They were not that pushy and the lunch was great so we all felt it was a small trade off, we were out of there in less than a hour. However you can get really stuck so use your judgement.

I was thinking that we should pack a lunch on our tour?[/quote]
perhaps take a few snacks and water

[quote name='carma7007']If you book a tour that does not include lunch, do they stop and let you eat, use the restroom?

I was thinking that we should pack a lunch on our tour?[/quote]

I have never been on a Princess Tour that did not include a restroom break or two. Course it may not always be when you want it.

You have to be very careful what food you take off the ship. In most ports, you are not allowed to take fruit or meat off the ship.

I am of the understanding that "friends of Dorthy" refers to a group made up of individuals of the "gay" persuasion. I could be completely wrong on this but it was what I was told on a previous cruise.

[quote name='ballenis']I am of the understanding that "friends of Dorthy" refers to a group made up of individuals of the "gay" persuasion. I could be completely wrong on this but it was what I was told on a previous cruise.[/QUOTE]
Close. It's limited to male cruisers wearing ruby slippers.And female cruisers wearing tool belts over their bikinis.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I just booked a cruise on the Emerald Princess. I am staying on the Emerald deck room E221. Does anyone know how this room compares to the others location-wise? I know it's oceanview obstructed, but I didn't have much choice. I am hoping it's not in a noisy location.

Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I just booked a cruise on the Emerald Princess. I am staying on the Emerald deck room E221. Does anyone know how this room compares to the others location-wise? I know it's oceanview obstructed, but I didn't have much choice. I am hoping it's not in a noisy location.

Thanks for your help.

Archived