**LIVE from the Pacific Princess 4/24 - 6/13/07 Sydney to Anchorage-The TransPacific!

JotWorld

Mary,

You really think we are a great team, thanks for the compliment.

Easykruz,

Bill:)

You are a great team! JotBill helped make your postings a lot more vivid with your photos of South America and Antartica and you certainly did a great job with his photos on this looong cruise of his. I applaud the both of you for bringing your cruises to life for your viewers. It could not have been done without the help of the other.

Mary

Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure. I will be on the PP's last Alaska trip for the season in September, & already feel at home on the ship - thanks to you. I won't have your wonderful balcony view, but feel that I will be able to find great views from this ship. Thanks to you, Easy, and everyone who contributed!

what a wonderful trip!! and thank-you for sharing it with us. not to be redundant---but i will---your pics are fantastic--and the whale pixs are truely unbelieveable. their action is so fast it is really difficult to get anything that comes close to resembling a whale. good job.

so which did you like best bora bora or moara (you'd think i'd know how to atleast spell my fav. place wouldn't you?). Alaska ofcourse, runs a close second---it is so pristine and at this time of the year, even better with all that snow.

Bill and Bill you make a fantastic team. thank-you both for the added work you went to to let us all enjoy 50+ daze on the sea. looking forward to the china cruise and the world cruise...yet another reason to get up in the morning to run (not really, run is no longer an operative word in my vocabulary) to the computer.

you guys are great!! jotbill and irene, have a safe journey home. clare

JotBill,Thanks so much for your hard work and pictures. It was wonderful to get home(off the PP 5/27 in Honolulu) and re-live my trip from Sydney to Hawaii through your pictures and to follow on to Alaska with you. I hope you and Irene made it safely home and get rested for your next voyage, which a whole bunch of us will be following. Bill, ezkruz, thanks so much for posting JotBill's pictures. I look forward to your next voyage. I also enjoyed your last one. The PP is a wonderful ship and we enjoyed her and our trip. Beth

7:10PM Delta Gate ANC to ATL, 8:30PM to 7:30AM:eek: A Real Red Eye Special. Great Weather, Sunny & 60F today in Anchorage, Princess tour & Transfer to airport cancelled at last minute,:( booked a Limo online last night b/4 the IC closed at 11PM. Had a Spectacular drive from Whitter to Anc along Turnaround Arm, Portage Glacier, 2.5 mile tunnel through Mountain, got lots of pics. Will Post soon. Then rented a car at airport & drove to the Trout House in Wasilla & We had an excellent meal of Fresh Halibut ("Just for the Halibut!")

I'm beat, started to fall asleep, so couldn't drive anymore after several hours so we took the car back after just 3 hours, & Very, Very Expensive Halibut Meal it was:eek:

Did all my packing after 10PM last night, just didn't want to go I guess.:D

We got into Whitter at 12:30am it was still light.

Sun up 3 AM, slept maybe 4 hours, Not 1/2 enough for me.

Thank you for all the well wishes!

Later.............

Jot:)

Dear ones, thank you SO MUCH for taking us along on your cruise, photos and word pictures and cheerful replies to every posting! I haven't had time to write for a while, but I have so enjoyed travling along with you from my desk; I have missed the south pacific sunrise on the bridge cam during my lunch hour here in NYC. You have inspired me to do one of those Tahiti cruises... someday... and Alaska, too.

Hope you will provide us with the same delights during your world cruise; so great to have a land-based friend to post all those photos for us. Many thanks to all.

Jot - I have a few days posts to catch up on, as I've been away at my seaside retreat for a few days (in very unseasonable weather for us - torrential downpours!).

Just wanted to add my thanks to you for your wonderful posts and pictures throughout that fantastic odyssey - the weeks have flown in. I look forward to the next great journey - and maybe one day you will make it to this little Emerald Island of ours! :)

Cheers ....

Rosie

Jot Bill,

Let us know when you get home safe and sound.

Marilee

Yup, we got home a 12:Noon Yesterday, I Crashed!:D

(Couldn't stay awake on the Drive from Atlanta to Murphy, 135 Miles:eek: )

Woke up about 10:30 PM & watched some Natl Geo - Alaska the Great Frontier & Bldg the Alcan Hwy w/Irene;)

Alaska is truly "Bigger than Life" It is a Real Wow Factor!

Trying to get my bearings, will be for a good week or so, I suppose.

So much mail, so much catching up, & still somemore Taxes & Accounting to-do:eek:

(& a few small fires to put out w/ Clients)

Have Tracy Arm photos to post yet & also Turnaround Arm (Whitter to Anchorage) what a Gorgeous Ride.

Also, will catch up on any questions & comments I missed the last few days.

Later..............

(A Very Tired & Contented Capt Jot), Bill:)

Glad you're safely home--bet you'll be dealing with your land legs for awhile--after the last few cruises--I've used anti seasick remedies for a few days after and feel perfect--beats how it used to be--I felt like I needed to lay down and hide to I felt better--this new regimen for me--makes me human again--no wierdness/sea sick feelings--THANK GOODNESS

Will not be cruising until September 20--Island--Panama Canal--LA to LA--no airplanes/airports to deal with--Looks like we'll be going to Aruba for John's birthday Aug 8--it's really his thing-lots of water with stuff in it--he's still thrilled about the 10 hour plus excursion we took from Raitaia with Bruno (I think)--how quickly we lose our minds !!

Anyway Aruba is great for John--in and out of the water--back into the water, etc.--not me--I'm there barely in the water--hate to wear a mask--I'm very happy being in the great place--people watching--ready--drinking--eating--love catamarans--etc.

Next trip is chldren and grandchildren on July 6 to Maui--rented what looks like a great house--should be fun-- the youngest is 12--this can be easily under control--one grandson at 15 is a hired life-guard--at his home area

Enough about me--Sleep for a few days--then back to basics--makes me tired just thinking about it--the recuperation just being back--the luggage

--too much to deal with!!!

Boy, you've got to make a real serious marketinig trip--hope your power didn't go out--no bad smells from goodies in refrigerator/freezer--came home to no power 0nce--NOT GOOD

You two take it easy until you got to get moving again

Nancy:D :D :D

Enjoyed your thread very much and the pics.. we will be taking red eye Sat. night back to Charlotte at 11:00 p.m. but thankfully only 20 mile drive home (bet. Charlotte and Monroe).

Would you mind sending me picture of Sapphire in GlaBay and I will email you the Pacific one we have when we return????

Hi Bill. Glad you and Irene got home safely. (I thought you were staying in a B&B and doing the interior for a few days?) Thank you so much for you and Irene's hospitality for the sail-away in Vancouver. With so much going on the 7 days were just not long enough!!!! I'm sure you agree, if anyone is thinking of an Alaska cruise - DON'T HESITATE!!!! We ended up booking trip #4 on the Tahitian 14 day next year.

I told Phil, don't know if it is because we have been to Alaska before or if I'm getting use to my new camera, but, we have pictures to die for this time!!!! Spent the whole day today downloading, then uploading to developer - picking up pics in the morning :)

Happy cruising!!!

Linda

Archived