What's with those luggage tags?

10XCRUISE

Our 15th cruise but the first with NCL Spirit next month.

So it seems NCL sent us a copy of a luggage tag that we are suppose to make copies of and tape onto our bags? Does this sound right?

Do they give you a different tag to put on your luggage for disembarkation?

Appreciate any info.

Yeah, you need to fold and staple (or tape--I refuse to carry a stapler but I can manage a little Scotch tape) the tags to your bags. They give you two tags per person, so unless you have more bags than that, no need to copy.

I know some people think this is a big deal, but honestly, I'd much rather get all my docs electronically and I think in this day and age, most will agree. Or give it a few years and everyone will. :D

They still use the old colored posterboard tags for disembarkation. These are distributed on the ship as in the past.

Keep in mind the porters at the pier have cardboard tags. Takes 10 seconds for them to slap them on and add your cabin #. As long as you have regular luggage tags with name and contact info you are good to go with just the cabin #.

I agree with shoreguy-- once we did the "print off" ones--and though we love the ease of "e-docs" -- the luggage tags were kind of a pain. Last time, we just used the porter's-- and only put our cabin#--as we had our address/name already on luggage. It was painless!:o

Speaking of luggage tags, I do have a question about using the U. S. Direct service in Vancouver. The documentation states that you need to have your cruise bag tags attached to your luggage when dropping off at the airlines. Unless many things have changed recently, most airlines will remove any and all tags other than their own.

How does one get the carrier not to remove those lovely NCL e-doc luggage tags? BTW, I used a little thicker colored paper to print our tags and had no problems attaching them with a stapler.

we havent had any trouble with those paper tags, they are kind of low tech, but if you can put them on later the better, after any air travel to be sure

are last cruise in feb we had 10 people and maybe 20 bags so we didnt lose one

We laminated the printer paper tags, then stapled them on well.

I just put my e-tags on my bags last night. I "sealed" them with clear packing tape and taped them closed and together. The packing tape acts as a laminate and will prevent them from ripping off. They are pretty secure.

With a few recent posts of bags ending up at the wrong cabins, I wanted to be sure the tags wouldnt come off.

Archived